Hoyt spider 30 vs Bear arena 30

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by killer chill-r, Jan 21, 2016.

1. killer chill-r

killer chill-r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Found these 2 bows for basically the same price, $650, both are brand new. The Hoyt is a 2014 & the Bear is a 2015. Any one with experience with both bows? I can't find a shop in my area that has both to shoot to see which one would be good. What's y'all's opinion on the 2? Or do you have any ideas on a 30" ata bow in that price range?

2. CLG73

CLG73 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've always been a PSE guy but I do like the Hoyt Spyders. I have shot a 14 and 15 and almost went with its nice and smooth.
    I see a few guys shooting Bear but I have never been a fan of their style.
    The 30 at a is a personal preference and can be nice in a blind or when hiking through the woods. You will need to draw one back to see if the angle of the string is comfortable for you. It will likely be just fine unless you have a long draw. I have a 29" draw and it's fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. killer chill-r

killer chill-r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I ended up getting the Bear Arena 30. I went & talked to the guy, the Hoyt was a little rough looking. The Bear had a NAP Apache Carbon rest that was not finished being installed & it had no peep in it. Basically a brand new bow. Any ways I left with the Bear & got him talked down to $300. Really couldn't say no once I got him talked down!!