Has anyone shot the true fire c4 release?also tru ball fang

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by wildernessninja, Apr 21, 2016.

1. wildernessninja

wildernessninja Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saw it on there website was wondering if anyone shot it. Was leaning torwards the tru ball fang. The true fire not being metal is intriguing that it won't feel cold ,but wonder of its durability.
    The tru ball fang seem to have lots of adjustment and I've fund it for just a little more then the true fire.
    Really wanting to go to a thumb release. Like the idea of letting it hang on the d loop.the wrist release gets in the way of range finder and binoculars.

2. lgreenslade3

lgreenslade3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The c4 release just felt cheap when I picked it up. It has a surprising good trigger but they body felt cheap. Out of the two I would go with the fang. I like a 3 finger but it was pretty small so if I were to get it I would go with a 4 finger. They're both pretty nice releases but the fang is a little better IMO

3. Arrowhead

Arrowhead Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I went to a 4-finger thumb release a year ago. Started with a Tru Ball caliper release, then got a Tru Fire Hardcore 4. I absolutely love that Hardcore 4, and the caliper release is good too, but not quite as good. Thumb releases increase my enjoyment of practicing. I feel like it anchors rock solid, I can squeeze it slowly so I don't punch the trigger. That Fang looks sweet. I'd go with that.

4. JaminWI

JaminWI Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I own and used a Fang. I was very happy with it for the price. I got a Scott Exxus from a friend for the cost of a case of beer and use that now but did keep the Fang as a backup.

It's quite smooth, no grit, and infinitely adjustable.

However, I'd be interested in selling it if you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. wildernessninja

wildernessninja Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll keep that in mind.were about in Wisconsin you live.I'm in Dodge county.

6. JaminWI

JaminWI Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm over on the western boarder in Hudson (St Croix Cty). Dodge Cty is a great area. I drive through there occasionally for work and seeing friends.

7. lkwdwrestler171

lkwdwrestler171 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i currently shoot the C4 i like it but dont have any other experience shoot other thumb releases i bought it because i mostly buy on a budget. its a good release for the price point

8. bow nut

bow nut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Fangs ok at best, non swivel head turns me off !

9. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'd probably look for a used Stan SX3, scott exxus or get a hot shot vapor

I didn't care for the tru-fire thumb release I had or the truball fang...

I went through a thumb release phase...I started with the tru-fire then the fang probably mostly because they were cheaper and I hadn't used a thumber before, then I tried the Hot Shot Vapor and eventually just bought a couple Stan SX3s. Stan SX3 was by far the best. I still have the hot shot vapor, but actually shoot with my Tru-fire Hardcore Maxx wrist release now as it is the most accurate release for me. I could still shoot with that Stan or the Hot Shot Vapor no problem. Buying the Tru-fire and Tru-ball fang were just bumps in my road. JME

10. Shifty06

Shifty06 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Demoed a tru fire C4 today when I bought my new set up. Wish they had the Fang to compare it next to. But from what I felt I wouldn't buy the C4 it had to much slop in the trigger. The pro staff member helping me let me demo his Carter and a major difference but then again price point of the two. Also didn't like the carbon frame felt cheap. Would like to demo the Fang tho.