Found my new brand of rubber boot...KAMIK!

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by JDUB, May 5, 2016.

1. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been searching for the best rubber boot to replace my old worn out Mucks for a mid to late season boot. I bought a pair of Lacrosse Aerohead 3.5mm and wore them last season from early to mid season then just wore my mucks late season. I have been debating on the 7mm Aeroheads or Muck Arctic Pros for late season or something else. I kept seeing these Kamik boots on Amazon that were super cheap and highly rated so since Amazon has free shipping and free returns I thought I might as well test them out...Holy crap they're awesome. They are built in either Canada or the USA! "'Merica...Woooh" So I ordered 3 pair the Kamik Icebreaker, the ColdCreek and the Goliath 1.

The Coldcreek is the same as there Huntsman and for the money its unbeatable IMO. The only difference between the Coldcreek and the huntsman is the cold creek has a little snow gaiter and tie at the top. The cold creek rivals the comfort of the muck pursuit and my old woody elites but is built tougher. For $~65 it tops the Lacrosse and Mucks all the way for an all season boot. Well all but the coldest stand hunting temps. Really liked this boot and if I didn't already have the Lacrosse Aeroheads I would have kept them.

Then the Icebreaker...nice boot for $50 with a nice felt removable liner. Nice feature for being able to dry a rubber boot out. Nice little rubber boot, but not quite as comfortable as the Coldcreek. So then I put on the Goliath I knew I wouldn't need the Icebreaker.

The goliath is a rubber shell with a 13mm Zylex(Like wool felt and reflective material) liner boot. Holy chit it is ridiculously warm. They are surprisingly comfortable and light. They look like they will hold up to anything. I am so impressed I just found my late season/ice fishing boot! To top it off I got them on Amazon for $71
    No way the Lacrosse Aerohead or Muck Arctic Pros can compete with this boot. This is half the money of the Lacrosse and way less than half of a pair of Mucks...Plus it was made in the USA

Just thought I'd share if anyone is in the market for new kicks, give this brand a look.

2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had a pair and they are good boots for the money but unfortunately they didn't last much longer than a year. Hopefully you have better luck.

3. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Which pair did you have? I could see the hunter model or the icebreakers not holding up but the Goliath or the Coldcreek/Huntsmans seem pretty darn tough.

4. montec

montec Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good choice. I use them as well. Been saying for a long time on here....the new style neoprene boots are nice but the neoprene is a huge scent sponge. The removable liners are great. That "old technology" is not so old after all.