CBE sights

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by lonewolfhunter345, Jan 16, 2016.

1. lonewolfhunter345

lonewolfhunter345 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I ordered a new halon 6 in January and was told it would not be in until the middle of March...with that being said I have a lot of time to decide on accessories. I have never shot a set of cbe sight but was wondering what everyone thought about these sights.

2. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I used one 2 tears ago and they are really good sights. I love the fact that the fibers are enclosed inside of the pins. Along with the light that comes with it, there is no fiber glow to spook game. They are built really well.

3. AK archer

AK archer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using a CBE 5-pin sniper sight for about 3 years, I put one on my creed and never looked back, I have used spott-hogg, Copper John, and AXT, and by far the CBE (IMO) is far more superior. I ordered my Halon 6 ( Stone 29" 70lb) back in November and will be here this week, and I purchased a new CBE sniper 5 pin....haven't found anything that can beat it. I've killed caribou, Moose, and one P&Y Grizzly in 2014 using the CBE 5-pin sniper sight. You won't go wrong with CBE.

4. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a sniper pro x 3 pin I just bought a month ago. Im not to happy. I been shooting it indoors, and unless its funny out and coming through the windows, I need to turn the light on to see the pin. Also, my pins are not lined up. Assuming the top one is good, the middle is a little left and the bottom is a little more left. And the pins are so easy to bend, not strong at all. It looks great and feels good. Im sure the higher end ones are a lot better. But I don't think I will be keeping mine. Plan to call and see if they can fix it, but even still I am worried about their work yet. But for the record I was told their higher end ones are way better.

5. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had a 2014 CBE Tek Hybrid I just sold, and a 2015 Tek Hybrid Pro that I've still got on my hunting bow. Both are great sights.

I love the idea of having interchangeable laser etched metal sight tapes like the 2015 model. One of the best features I've ever seen on a sight. Overall both were pretty good sights, and for the money I'd recommend them.

I did just pick up an Axcel Accutouch Carbon Pro. I've got the X41 scope on it now, but will probably be adding the new Accustat multi pin scope to it sometime this summer so I can hunt with it.

So far I really like the new Axcel a bit better. It's a bit more expensive, but the Axcel's fit/finish is definitely a notch above CBE. I love the fact that it's so interchangeable with other scopes, lenses, bubbles, a sunshade, etc. You can literally use the same sight for hunting, hunter/MBR/Open class 3D, indoors, etc. About the only thing you probably can't do with it is Field or FITA, not sure it's got enough travel to reach the longer distances. It's VERY light and compact.

I'll shoot the new Axcel for a couple of months and if I really like it I'll probably sell my other CBE 2015 model and pickup another Axcel so I've got one on my hunting and 3D bows. If Axcel would do the interchangeable metal tapes like CBE, they would be the best of both worlds......but they are better everywhere else in my opinion.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  6. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I had a CBE tekHybrid 5 pin and absolutely loved it. Personally I thin they are some of the best I've used.