BowTech Carbon Knight Review

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Sticknstringarchery, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Now I have to admit when I first heard BowTech was introducing a carbon riser bow to the market I was a little skeptical. I expected another $1,300.00 bow to compete with the likes of Hoyts Carbon line bows. What I didn’t expect is what happened. An economical, Super lightweight, purpose built hunting bow.

The first time I laid eyes on one, I thought it looked like an Assassin. I wasn’t all that impressed with the looks online. In person was a different story.

The fit and finish on this rough semi textured finish is nice. The finish is extremely clean and the 4 bows I have looked at have been free of flaws. The machining on the cams looks great and the anodized pieces look just as good as any I have seen to date.

The grip caught me a little off guard as it is a little bulkier than many of the other bows in BowTechs line up. Its not bad but, I have become accustomed to a smaller grip. It did feel better at full draw than holding it at rest in my hand.

After seeing the bow, I did not know what to expect for draw. The draw on the Carbon night at 70lb is a little stiff but, its 70lb. The 60lb seemed to be a little easier on the draw cycle. Starts out pretty smooth and does not go through a buildup and it does not build at the end. Its rather flat until the valley.

The draw drops into the valley smoothly. It doesn't have a big hump at all. As a matter of fact, letting this bow down is as easy as drawing it. The 80% let off is nice. The valley is deep and you can creep with it a little and get away with it. I was not expecting it to be as smooth as it was.

The release was a little different than I thought it would be. I did expect some vibration but, not much. Well, there wasn’t a lot of vibration. It was more of a kick out from the bottom. I shot a 70lb version and a 60lb version and they both did the same. I shot the 60lb version with a 430 plus grain arrow and it did not vibrate as badly as the 70lb model which would be expected. I did not shoot one with a stabilizer but, I believe the slight kick out and it was minimal, would be taken care of with a good stabilizer. Add something like a NAP Apache or S-Cool and it probably wouldn't even be noticeable.

The noise level on the Carbon Knight is pretty much nonexistent though. I honestly wouldn't add anything at all to this bow in the way of noise reduction. Most archers could add accessories, tune and hit the woods. From what I understand there will be a R.A.K. package added to the lineup for this year so hitting the woods would be even faster.

Usually I have a complaint about string angle with shorter ATA bows. To be honest, it didn't bother me that much and I would be perfectly fine with hunting this bow. It felt like a little longer ATA bows as do many of the BowTech bows do to me. I wouldn't be afraid to take on a 30yd hunter class 3D course with the addition of a good stabilizer set up.

With the specs of: ATA 31”, IBO 335, BH 7” and 80% let off and a rumored MAP price this season of $599 bare bow and a female version Called the Carbon Rose, I believe this will climb to the top of the sales and be in many hunters hands for the 2014-2015 hunting season. I know it’s in the top 3 bows of my list to be purchased. I believe BowTech accomplished their directive with this bow.

2. Just Passin thru

Just Passin thru Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Very nice review. My dad shot one and loved it so he put some money down and will pick it up when he gets the rest of the money together. He got it for $582. When I shot it (when it first came out) I didn't like it as much as the Experience, so that's what I ended up going with. I thought the Experience was a little smoother and I didn't like the grip on the Carbon Knight as much as I did on the Experience. Overall the Carbon Knight is a great looking/feeling bow (IMO), I think Bowtech will continue to do well with it, especially with that price tag.

3. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    That price tag has a bearing on it being on my list. I honestly want a new bow to set up for hunting. Me and my Centroid get along way to well on a 3D course to part ways with. I could buy my wife the Carbon Rose (which is what she will end up with) and me a Carbon Knight and only be $100 over what most flagship hunting bows are going for.

However, Im not so sure I would have replaced the Assassin with it though. Not this early anyways.

4. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey sticks- I remember a while back you wrote a review that was very great technically speaking but lacked big time in grammar and punctuation. This review was spot-on and a much easier read. Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.skyangler.com

5. marine0231

marine0231 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sticks - Thanks for the Review I am actually going to go pick up one tomorrow that has the R.A.K package on it. It will be my first bow ever. I also noticed when I held it the grip wasn't bad but then again I am use to shooting 1911 style pistols so the grip to me is great.

6. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    I've worked hard on my grammar and punctuation in the past couple of years. I've been trying to work on my formatting as well. That way my reviews are easier to read. I went back and read one of my earlier reviews and it made me sick to my stomach reading it. I can only imagine how ignorant others must have thought I was. My job and education has shown me the importance of properly translating information and good grammar in general. I still have some work but, I'm getting better.

7. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There's a big difference between posting on threads on here and actually writing something that you want to be read or possibly published. With as much work as you put into some of the reviews it's a small step to make it enjoyable and easy to follow for the reader as well. Congrats and keep up the good work.

8. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    I have a few more to write if I ever find the time. Mathews HTR, Prime Rival and BowTech Prodigy all need to be written.

9. Faqeer1

Faqeer1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've been trying to work on my formatting as well. That way my reviews are easier to read. I went back and read one of my earlier reviews and it made me sick to my stomach reading it. I can only imagine how ignorant others must have thought I was.???

10. adolfainsley8

adolfainsley8 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The grip caught me a little off guard as it is a little bulkier than many of the other bows in BowTechs line up. Its not bad but, I have become accustomed to a smaller grip. It did feel better at full draw than holding it at rest in my hand?????