Battery Operated Hand Spreader

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Farmer Brown, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Farmer Brown

Farmer Brown Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know this might be a little nerdy but what do you guys think of this product?
    I think it would give a way more consistent spread. As long as it can hold enough seed.

Scotts Miracle Gro Wizz

2. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sorry man, I couldn't possibly worry about spread consistency if I'm already using a hand spreader, which I do use. I would expect to get punched if I used a product like that.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It does not hold enough seed. Every hand seeder I have bought the hand crank strips out, who would believe that plastic gears would easily strip out? The electric option seems ok it is just too small.

4. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We actually have one of those. My dad just bought it the last time we went out to do food plots. I like it for a couple reasons; it is easier since you dont have to crank, you can hold it at your side instead of infront of you so you never have a problem with your forearm getting sore, and it evenly spreads the seed.

We use small spreaders like this for our brassica and other small seed foodplots to ration our seed and I think it works great. With that being said it is a nerdy tool that I would almost classify in the fruity drink section, but hey, yall wont remember what spreader I used when I post a 150" hero shot ;)

5. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LOL. Hey, no shame. #Respect