Need Help With A Compact Bow

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by JimHunter74, Sep 29, 2016.

1. JimHunter74

JimHunter74 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So I'm looking to add a light weight, compact bow to my setup. Mainly more of a survival style bow that's easy to carry and doesn't cost a ton. I noticed that this Spectre The Best Survival Bow • Ready Tribe has good reviews. But something like this Jaguar also looks pretty good, but a bit pricier Martin Jaguar Elite Takedown Recurve Bow Black | OutdoorsExperience.com.

I'm open to any suggestions or ideas from you experts. I'm still learning, so I don't mind admitting I'm a little green when it comes to gear selection. Thanks.

- Jim

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Probably not what your are looking for, but this is a pretty cool, compact bow. Tim Wells from Relentless Pursuit uses it at times.

T15 Pro – Gearhead Archery

3. Arkyinks

Arkyinks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a OMP bow that is a takedown recurve and barebow is around $100.00. One thing to consider in a survival bow would be the ability to shoot a fishing arrow. Would recommend a whisker biscuit rest which will shoot about any shaft. A 55# would be easy to shoot and drop most game. Give OMP a look.

4. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Compound bows require special tools to repair and sometimes tune.
    If you're going pure survivalist, recurve may be the way to go... and LOTS of practice.