Rage Extreme Broadhead...Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Beggma, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Beggma

Beggma Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I recently shot a deer with a rage extremem 2.3" cut. The gold ferrule not the chisel tip. The deer was perfectly broadside and somehow the entrance and exit wounds were closer to 6 inches of hide cut and around 3" inside the chest cavity. I am thoroughly impressed with it. What are yalls thoughts on it?

2. TKP030

TKP030 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot Hypos and have loved them. But im pretty sure there are some on here that will disagree haha

3. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like them for turkeys but would never use them on a game animal.

4. StringPuller#1

StringPuller#1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The longer the length of the cutting blade the more chance of bending or breaking.
    I haven't shot any Rage at an animal, I have put other heads into and through deer and I almost always had a bent or broken blade, but I also never lost a deer either.
    I just find it amusing that this topic never seems to die and lives on every year in the bowhunting community......fixed blade vs expandable, cutting diameters, number of blades, and on and on it goes.
    I love to see that we're all so passionate and opinionated about this way of life, with the bow and arrow.
    That being said, I have no personal knowledge of that broadhead specifically, which is what you ASKED for, so I pretty much typed all this for nothing..............sorry, I'm at my desk at work bored, looking at my calendar on the wall, August's picture is 2 10 pointers destroying a food plot of what looks to be radishes. The bigger 10 has the leafy parts hanging from it's mouth all beastly like. I suppose if I get fired I'd have more time to hunt this season.........hmmm

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I would say go for it but use a heavier arrow with a set up turned up to 11.

6. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot every Rage broadhead that has hit the market. The extremes do some serious damage too. I still have some in my arsenal, but the Hypodermic is my 1st choice.

7. killer chill-r

killer chill-r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They're awesome. I shot a doe last year with them & she piled with in 35yrds. The first time she hit the dirt was with in 10yrds. ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1472523829.050925.jpg

8. Sandman889

Sandman889 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    After the rage broad heads go threw a target or deer are they suppose to stay open like. My friend shoots them and they never stay open like that. The band on it breaks and it is like half open or closed. Sorry I don't know how to describe it. I shoot fixed myself. Its almost like it flops around after the sudden stop.

9. haydo601

haydo601 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They are great broad heads, tried them last year and had a bad experience. Was totally my fault just expected more outta the broad head. 18 yard shot broadside hit him in shoulder and only got 3-4" of penetration. Minimal blood and tracked for two days. I will never blame the broad head because it was my fault on bad shot placement. After that I switched to G5 Montecs carbon steel, but also use rage hypodermics as my favorite mechanical