3d leafy suit

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Katt72, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Katt72

Katt72 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For those of you who has used a leafy suit, what was your experience with using it? At what time of season did it seem most effective? Where were you located, tree/ground? When used with a treestand, did you have a open canopy, or you had coverage? As far as scent control with this suit, how did you control that (besides hunting the wind)? I purchased one for the upcoming season, my plans were to use for early season in my treestand. Would you consider this a good option for the piney woods of TX?

2. Eddie234

Eddie234 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use mine early season in my tree stand. I can wear short sleeves to my stand and put on my leafy jacket after I get settled it. Lite weight and breathable. Just spray down with sent killer.

3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I use mine early season. It blends best with all the leaves on the trees. I use BPS Enduraskin as a base layer. Great for moisture wicking and keeping cool. I also use their balaclava for facial concealment and for keeping my scent down as I sweat. I hunt from a tree while wearing mine, but I have hunted from the ground and it was very effective.

[​IMG]

I got it from Arcturus

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  4. TomTom1

TomTom1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Early season.

5. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I bought an asat 3d suit to use this year. I plan on using it all season. It's baggy enough to fit over almost all my clothes with the exception of maybe a heavy camo jacket.

6. WV Jess

WV Jess Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had one of the original 3-D suits I bought from Cabela's in the late 90's. I used it all season for 4-5 years. I suggest going a couple sizes bigger to really break up your outline and easily fit over late season clothing.

7. Pine tops

Pine tops Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use mine early season as well.

8. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt on the ground and use mine all season. it break s up your outline so the deer don't recognize you as a human threat. last year was squatting down setting up a camera and a young buck walked in and saw me moving. I stopped and stayed squatting down and he was not alarmed. they are great and highly recommend. agree with the above suggestion to go large on the size.