Bear BR33 vs Hoyt Defiant 34

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by tysonwd, Jul 28, 2016.

1. tysonwd

tysonwd Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm looking to pick up one of these. I'm curious to hear feedback on the two. They are pretty close in stats.

I've shot the Defiant 34. Super smoothe. I own a Bear Escape, I love the bow but never shot any other Bear bow. I just want a second bow with a higher rest that's more forgiving and I've narrowed it down to these two.

2. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have never shot the bear but i just bought a defiant 34 and i can't wait for it to come in. Im a left handed shot and had to shoot the defiant right handed cuz shops around me never carry any left handed bows. That bow felt unreal shooting it right handed i cant wait to see how awesome it will be as a lefty. i read alot of articles about the bear and it looks like it got some good reviews. I would try and shoot both and go with what felt the best.

3. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My view may be bias because I have not shot the bear and I have shot a Hoyt for 10+ years. I recently purchased a defiant 30 and can not imagine own g a different bow. I even made sure that I didn't like any other bows just as much or more so I shot an elite, bowtech, and Mathew's. The entire defiant line in my opinion are the best bows on the market today. I don't say that because I have shot hours for so long I say it because I believe it's the truth. Smooth, fast, quiet, solid back wall, and forgiving. It really is the bow of all bows. I'd save the time and go get one set up for you.

4. roadrunner

roadrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Like some others, I have not shot Bear. I too, am left handed so I din't get to shoot most any bow before I buy. I bought a Carbon Defiant 34 this year and it shoots real nice. Can't compare to the Bear though.