Expensive Son!

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by DickensCPA, Apr 13, 2016.

1. DickensCPA

DickensCPA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    While my No Cam was at Mathews my son had his State Finals Archery tourney on 4/2. We were practicing the night before and his Apex 3 pin was being finicky and hard to deal with.

The shop took all my accessories off before sending the bow to Mathews so I stuck my HHA on his bow. I let him just make marks on the current tape on there since I knew when mine came back I would be changing tapes. Also, they shoot in meters instead of yards so no use burning a tape for a temp solution.

He LOVED that site. Shot a 273 the next morning with it. My bow came back last Friday and I took my site back and I could tell he was bummed. I had a client meeting in the area today and stopped and got him his own HHA.

I have to keep him happy, he's the "A" shooter on me and my buddy's 3-man shooting team. LOL!

2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Gotta love a happy shooting partner!

3. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's awesome. HHA does make a sweet sight and that single bright pin makes a big difference. Congrats to your son on his 273

4. DickensCPA

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks! I do love my two kids and wife. LOL! Was saving some side money up for my EZ green press, but thought he was more important.

5. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He'll be gone before you know it and then you can buy your press.

6. DickensCPA

Dislikes Received:
    He's brilliant and started kindergarten a year early and he would've been one of the youngest in his class if he started on time. You don't know how I regret that looking back. He'll graduate high school at 16. Actually graduation is usually in May and he'll turn 16 in June.

He's made the National finals of the History Bee and Geography Bee 4 and 5 years straight. State champ of each and History has one more level and he's SE US champ in History.

Our daughter is just like him but we kept her until she was actually supposed to start school. He's in the 8th grade but 6th grade age, but really doesn't suffer. He's 6'1" and as big or bigger than anyone in his class so I guess it worked out.

He'll have to go to Vanderbilt first few years so I can go eat lunch with him every day!

Tags: