Bowtech Prodigy Question

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by indynotch50, Mar 29, 2016.

1. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all, I'm looking at replacing my z7x with something of lower poundage. I just don't shoot near as much as I used to and I'm not getting any younger.

Anyways, I'm looking a few new bows. I haven't been able to pull any lately but according to my local shop owner, I'm going to like the prodigy the best. We've known each other for a long time and I shoot about every new bow every year.

My question is:
    Are there any issues bowtech is having? Are there any adverse affects users are seeing about the powershift?

2. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I absolutely love mine, gonna be hard to part with it for the BT-X. Might keep it just in case.

No issues with the Powershift, I leave mine on #3 setting year round, and it's badass.

3. lgreenslade3

lgreenslade3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love my BT-X. Best bow I've ever owned

4. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am not a Bowtech hater, I don't care what anyone shoots. Google Bowtech limb failures. LOTS of them. By far more than any other brand.

5. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hmm.. All companies have went through limb failures and haven't heard of any recent issues.

I'm not going to sell you on Bowtech, that's up for you to decide once you shoot it. But I had the insanity and this year I'm returning to Bowtech with the Prodigy. I haven't had any real issues with either, even though I have yet to put that many arrows through the Prodigy.

6. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I obviously have a biased opinion. With that said, I can tell you is that I really liked my Prodigy and so did everyone else I know that bought one. I haven't seen or heard of any issues with them first hand either through people that I know who bought them or dealers I interact with that sold them. Overall I'd say it's the smoothest bow BowTech has made when in the comfort setting if the draw length is 29" or shorter. The draw cycle does get aggressive though as you max the cam out in the 30"+ range for draw length.

If you do get one, and need any help........please feel free to reach out. I've got a lot of time tuning OverDrive Binary setups and would be happy to give you any pointers I know.