Cabela's Instinct Demon S1 Slider bow sight

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Junior93, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Junior93

Junior93 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everybody, not sure if I am posting this in the right spot, so if I'm not please correct me.

I have been looking for a single pin slider for a while and was looking for a dovetail design as well. I came across the Cabela's Instict Slider, the reviews off of the Cabela's sights is positive. Being a fairly new sight I can not find a lot of info on it. Like all Cabela's named gear, i have seen it go on sale for 25-30% off numerous times and on a students budget that is very appealing. Does anyone on here have experience with this sight who could tell me anymore about it?

2. cawwwrin

cawwwrin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've never heard of it but it looks like a really nice sight. Or spend the extra $100 and get a Spott Hogg :P

3. Junior93

Junior93 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There are not many places around here that sell Spott Hogg. Spott Hogg's and HHA's and Black Gold's are what I would like some day. But most of those I would need to order online and with the value of the Canadian Dollar right now it gets very scary, very quick. So for now it looks like what I can get at Cabela's or other shops in the city is what I will be getting.

4. cawwwrin

cawwwrin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'd try it out for that prrice. It even got good reviews. Good luck!

5. Junior93

Junior93 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I finally went out and bought the sight today and must say that I couldn't be happier. All the parts seem to be very well made and it some features that I was not even aware of. It has a white ring on the back of the housing that if exposed to sunlight will glow in lower light situations. The pin on it is extremely bright compared to my old sight (but this is also the first sight i have had that has the fibers wrapping around the housing. When adjusting the pin sight moves very smoothly). There was a minor issue with the assembly of the sight that was making it so that the micro adjustment knob for wind adjustment would not work, it was a very easy and obvious mistake to notice and was fixed within 20 seconds. All and all I am extremely pleased with the sight and am excited for the area where I shoot longer distances to dry up so that I can see how close the tapes are.