Hoyt Defiant 30

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by MIHOYT89, Jan 12, 2016.

1. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I will start out by saying that I have shot a Hoyt since I began hunting so my review may be somewhat bias. But I did not go to my bow shop knowing that I was going to buy a Hoyt. The defiant 30 to me is THE perfect hunting bow. I shot the halon, defiant 30, and elite impulse 31 side by side. After a few shots I immediately ruled out the halon, it was not comfortable in my hand whatsoever. It came down to the elite and the defiant and in the end I picked the the defiant 30. Everything about this bow screamed pick me to shoot your next deer. The Hoyt was comfortable, silky smooth, quiet, dead in the hand after the shot, and very quick. The backwall on the bow is very solid as well, as there was very very little to no give. Another big thing for me is letting a bow down after holding at full draw for any given time if the shot you thought was coming wasn't presented. The let down on this bow was just as smooth as draw cycle. For at least another year I am a Hoyt guy, and if Hoyt keeps producing top notch bows I am not changing any time soon.

2. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the new bow! Reviews on the Defiant seem to be black or white. There are no "it was ok." It's either love or hate it seems.

Having said that...

[​IMG]