Anyone use Cabelas cold weather gear

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by pastorjim08, Jan 9, 2016.

1. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Needing all new camo this year, I was considering either First Lite or Sitka. But when I went to check them out at my local Cabelas I decided that I just couldn't justify spending that type of money on something that's going to be sitting in a tote for 10 months out of the year. I am looking at three different systems that Cabelas offers, which are currently all on sale. They are the Wooltimate with windshear, the Stand Hunter extreme, and the MTO5O Extreme system. Anyone have any experience with these particular items or other cold weather gear from Cabelas?

Blessings.........Pastorjim

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I love the berber fleece with windstop I love the pattern and the texture of fleece for concealment and it keeps you warm.

3. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have their Wooltimate vest that is windproof, I use it as a mid-layer. It's a great vest, I'm not a huge fan of the pattern but for layering it's awesome.

4. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wear a pair of their regular heavy cover-alls with a pair of long underware and a pair of their microtex insulated pants and was able to sit for 6 hours at 0* quite comfortably.

Camo patterns are for humans.

I like whatever pattern is on sale!

5. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Respectfully, I disagree with this. I believe 90% of camo patterns are the same, however there are definitely some patterns that do a much better job at disrupting our outline. Most patterns are designed to look good on a shelf from 5 feet away, back up 30 yards and look again and you will see the difference.

6. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I believe what I got this year was the wool with windshear. I bought the pants and vest and really liked it, but didn't have the chance to REALLY test it out. I didn't use it in the rain or on long hikes, just short walks to the stand. It stopped the wind and was really quiet. What I did notice was how light in color it was. Leaning up against a larger tree with the leaves gone I think it does stand out a bit. I had my mind set on getting wool when I got it for some reason.

7. WV Jess

WV Jess Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The MTO50 is some of the best clothing you will ever invest in. I waited until everything was on sale at the end of the season like your doing (it made it easier to explain to my wife why I dropped $300 on a pair of bibs and coat). You will not be disappointed, I've had mine for 3 years now and they're still like new.

8. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the MTO50 as well. I got mine after my dad had his for a year. They are definately worth it. Hands down the best jacket and bibs I have ever had.

9. rj112275

rj112275 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My wife and I both have the Berber fleece pullover with windshear. They are awesome and warm. After buying ours, I got one for my brother who lives in Minnesota. He says it keeps him toasty with minimal layering. We've been very impressed with anything in the windshear, berber, wooltimate line from Cabelas. I haven't tried any pants/bibs, but would hope they are just as warm.

10. preachnhunt

preachnhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the MT050 bibs and parka. Excellent outerwear. I would go with it again in a minute.

11. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Check out scentlok

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk