Cabelas men's outfitters Woolmite Jacket with 4most windshear

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by MnHunterr, Nov 3, 2015.

1. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just got this jacket... Was not expecting it to be this warm. Even after reading the 300 reviews from cabelas.

Does anyone have this jacket or similar and if so, how do you layer for temps that range from 20-40 Fahrenheit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone :\ ?

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nice pick up Jake, I usually go medium as far as under layers like a long sleeve t shirt with another base layer over it.

4. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    I guess I'll find out if my layering is adequate Friday morning - Think I will just use a medium weight base layer and a thin sweatshirt under and pack in my thin Scent Lok jacket just in case.

I haven't even wore it outside and I can tell it's going to be one of my favorite pieces of clothing.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I like it so much for it's comfort and warmth I bought a vest to wear on a regular basis, and I was one that does not wear camo unless I am hunting.

6. rj112275

rj112275 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    just light base layers for me if I'm walking far. if I'm sitting, I might go with a medium base layer with a t-shirt. our family has several of the berber with windsheer and the wooltimate jackets and beenies from cabelas. I keep an eye out on eBay for a better price, but they are really warm and the windproofing is great. I haven't tried them in the rain yet. my brother uses his hoodie in the snow in Minnesota and has no complaints.

7. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    Well I've used this jacket for a few months now... Anyone considering it will not be disappointed while using it in cold weather.

Excellent jacket for packing in and putting on once in the stand and also great for sitting on the ice while ice fishing.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Jake did I read that correctly you wear your hunting camo other than for on stand only? For other outdoor activities thus smelling it up? Why are you mocking the gods of scentless aspirations? This is one of the most upsetting posts I have read in a long time.:jaw: