True ball pro diamond extreme?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by hoythunter342, Mar 31, 2015.

1. hoythunter342

hoythunter342 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just had the local shop order me one after their good review on it. Any opinions and tips on it??

2. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think its a very good top quality release. I used it last year for bow hunting. I had target panic so bad I had to do something different and it helped a little bit. I now have went back to a normal finger release since my target panic is gone away.

3. hoythunter342

hoythunter342 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The shop just called and said it was in but they sent the max pro 4 instead of the pro diamond is there a big difference between the two?

4. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think there is much difference other than the release knob. The Pro 4 is a round knob and the Diamond is diamond shaped. It looks like the Diamonds aren't on their website any more. Wondering if they were discontinued.

5. buck16on

buck16on Newb

Dislikes Received:
    pro diamond extreme

When I switched from being a finger shooter to a release a couple of years ago I began using the pro diamond extreme because I can't stand anything on my wrists and because Bob Folkrod went from fingers to this release also. I haven't tried any other release. My last purchase was the one with the round knob which is a smaller release and I actually like it better. While I'm in a stand for White tail or on a spot and stalk for Elk, Moose, Woodland Caribou, or Mule Deer I like my release to be attached to the string so all I have to do is put my hand on the release and draw fast aim and shoot. Most of the animals I kill have required me to draw aim and shoot; as quick as your can say that is how quick I had to be. So having the release already attached makes all the difference in the world for my success.

6. Atif

Atif Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If he is just starting, I would suggest you look on Craigslist and local ads. Pick up a used bow cheap and see if he really likes it. He can always upgrade into a high end bow if he falls in love with the sport, like most of us have. I began, more than a few year ago, with a Fred Bear cheapo, bottom end bow and just shot all summer. By about 2 months before season, I went and got myself a Bowtech and have been a bowhunter since.

7. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think this has anything to do with this thread. Back to the OPs question, the Tru ball is a decent release. It works as an entry level thumb release but the trigger is kind of sloppy and I don't like the caliper head. If you shoot for a while and decide to commit to a thumb, go for a higher end model. Stan, Carter, scott and Tru balls higher ends are very nice releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015