Muzzy M.O.R.E. Turkey Broadhead ... a hands on review.

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by DEC, Mar 20, 2015.

1. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here you go. Hands on review. I tried to be as unbiased as possible as my preference lies with another brand. But Muzzy didn't make this easy to give them any positive comments in this review. I purchased these heads myself online through Cabela's. They arrived two days ago and last night I did a video unboxing and shooting of them. The bow that I shot them out of is only used to shoot head lopping heads as it is my turkey bow and is tuned perfectly for just that task. I used the Victory V1 arrows that Magnus sells for their Bullheads. So flight should have been good, but it wasn't. What concerned me more was that 1) they are 118 gr heads 2) the blades are 17.6% thinner than advertised 3) one blade on one head would not even open, and 4) ALL the blades had tons of movement, as much a 7/16" back and forth as well as side to side wiggle. One head even rattled like a baby rattle. That is with the heads wrenched down.

But enough ... here is my review video ...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Cool review, thanks for that! I always wanted to try a head lopper style head for turkey, but have always been skeptical due to the large style blades getting in the way of and or hitting my sight. If I did I think I would stay away from these heads and lean towards the Magnus! When you draw, does the broadhead come back past your sight or is it always in front of the sight?

3. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It all depends on your draw length and arrow length. But in my case with a 29" draw and full length arrow, still the broadhead ends up behind the sight ring. So you need to watch blade orientation or be sure your sight ring is high enough to clear regardless of blade position. Years ago I learned the hard way when drawing back a head chopper on a drop away rest. The rest lifted the head up AFTER it cleared the sight ring. When I released the blade smacked the sight ring. I was lucky I didn't get hurt actually. Since then I have my setup so the sight ring is high enough that it clears no matter the blade position.

And yea, if you are going to go head choppers ... go Magnus.

4. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome thanks for the info! I have a short draw length, at 27", but shoot a sight with a dovetail putting the sight housing further out in front of the bow so was curious.

5. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just got a package of Magnus Turkey Broadheads I purchased from Finch... can't wait til May 1st!

6. BigHoss

BigHoss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I did find that I small rubber band around the notches in the blades they stopped rattling. :-) [​IMG]

Still not very happy with the construction.