Epic Instant On wont stay "on"..

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Ryan A, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Ryan A

Ryan A Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just recently purchased the epic instant on for a POV camera. When I tried to use it today, it would shut off after about 30 seconds. It didn't come with lithium batteries like it said it would, so I had to use regular alkaline AAA's. Could this be the problem? It's in the mid 60's for temp so that can't be it. I know all the BHOD teams use these cams so I figured this would be a good place to post my question. Any feedback would be appreciated!

2. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I use Epic Cam Instant On cameras and the ones I got both came with Energizer Lithium Batteries in the pack. I have since used regular Energizers and they works for me. Are you installing a SD card when you test it? . Buy a 4 pack of Energizer Lithium batteries and see how it works.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  3. Ryan A

Ryan A Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I have a 16 GB class 10 SD card installed. I wonder why mine didn't come with the batteries? I'll try the lithium's and see how they work. If I'm still having issues ill contact customer service and hopefully get a replacement.

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I would say your problem is definitely the batteries. Those cameras are very sensitive to voltage drops and alkaline batteries drop quickly. You really have to use Lithiums in order to get reliable performance.

5. Ryan A

Ryan A Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Justin. I'll give the lithium's a try