My New Toy...

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by roadrunner, Feb 27, 2015.

1. roadrunner

roadrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Took 6 weeks to come in after I ordered it, and a LH model at that. Will be shooting it this weekend after I put some sights on it. Looking forward to using it in UT this year!

Attached Files:

2. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    roadrunner, outstanding my friend, simply outstanding! I'm sure you'll come to appreciate the HTR as I do, it's a great bow. I really like the blue accents you've added. I haven't had the courage to splash a little on mine yet. Do you have any thoughts on accessories?

3. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Very nice, congrats!

4. roadrunner

Dislikes Received:
    So, here's my update. A lot of the same as all the other threads and posts about the No Cam HTR as far as ease of shoot-ability. I ordered this one with just a skosh shorter drawlength as my other bows because I was shooting a wrist release and was having a problem slapping my arm from time to time but have since switched to a handheld and this problem has gone away. Anyway, my correct drawlength fits as it should and this bow is a little too short on draw length. That being said, it didn't take me long to be shooting it well and comfortably - but do have different mods on order. This bow does indeed draw differently than my Hoyts do and it does have a different backwall than the others do. This bow will "take off" if you relax when at full draw, but it will not do so like a true cam bow will. I would not say it is smooth as much as I will say the draw is constant. Maybe that's why it is described as smooth.

After paper tuning and taking the "me" factor out of the equation (bearing down and really focusing on shooting and follow through) I had arrows dangerously slapping each other when shooting at a target set up at 20 yds. I have not been able to shoot outdoors yet at a longer distance because the weather here has been rain/snow for the past week.

Long story short - I look forward to using this bow this fall and if anyone is in the market and contemplating on buying one, you will likely not be displeased with the purchase.

Attached Files:

5. Longstriker

Dislikes Received:
    roadrunner, great write up. I'm glad your enjoying the new bow. What kind of handheld release do you have? I ask because I couldn't stand wearing a wrist release.

6. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet Bow! Congrats!

7. roadrunner

Dislikes Received:
    Longstriker-

I am using a Tru Ball Max 3 Hunter. I have greatly improved my shot groups with this release, I was having way bad problems with some 'target panic' with the wrist release before the switch. The accessories on the bow are a Fuse Helix sight, Whisker Biscuit for an arrow rest (jury still out on exactly which rest I want) and a Mathews CT 6 arrow quiver (blue color shield to match everything else. Since when did guys care about color coordination??!!??).

Thanks everyone for your kind words as well!

8. Longstriker

Dislikes Received:
    I think people started caring about a little colour on their bows since coloured accessories started to be an availible option. As John Schaffer from Schaffer Performance Archery told me, "We spend more time looking at our bows than anybody else". And besides, most animals don't see in colour anyway.

9. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice lookin bow for sure. Congrats

10. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice rig, congrats!!!!