Bow Case thoughts

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by mhouck06, Jan 27, 2015.

1. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Need an opinion on bow cases. I've always had hard cases. I've really been looking at some soft cases. Tenzing has one that has caught my eye. I like the idea of keeping my arrows away from my bow. I've driven on 90% of my out of state hunts so right now I'm not worried about anything TSA. I've looked at the Bow File case, that has interested me, but I think I like the more traditional set up better. I've always just ran the mid range Plano hard cases. They have done the job, but my latest one is just about wore out and it's time for a new one. I want to hear from anyone that has run a soft case - what were the pros and cons?

2. nwmono

nwmono Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had a Plano hard case, it & all the rest of my gear was stolen a few years ago. I currently have a Primossoft case. It's fine to keep it in for storage or
    if taking it where you know it will be handled gently.
    I am looking for a hard case for more protection.

3. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ended up going with gameplan gear sniper soft case. It came in Friday and looks like it will do the job.

4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have two cases a SKB hard case and tenzig soft case. The SKB gets the nod for everything expect ...when I flying in a brush plane or cub.

5. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I did a lot of investigation of bow cases after I bought a Mathews NO Cam HTR recently. I've had a Plano before and found them wanting. I would like a nice SKB at some point, but at more than $250 they're cost prohibitive. I went with a Cabela's Tactical soft case with a digital camo pattern. Lots of space and it has the ability to add gear pouches as well. At $99 it's a good compromise.

6. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've had quite a few cases... all do their job, but I really want a Lakewood case - period!