Trail Cam that doesnt make shutter noise?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by B.Lewis, Jan 11, 2015.

1. B.Lewis

B.Lewis Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I finally upgraded on cameras and went away from the outdated flash trail cams. I recently bought new IR trail cameras from wildgame innovations. It works well and is very easy to use but every time it takes a picture it makes noise. Some deer have gotten use to it but it has spooked a couple nice bucks that are on high alert when passing through which is why i went away from the flash cams in the first place. Any suggestion on a IR/no glow camera that doesn't make noise when a picture is taken? Thanks Brandon

2. American Honky

American Honky Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My Moultrie 880 and 990 cameras don't make a shutter noise that I recall... at least it wasn't something that my ears picked up on.

3. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The noise you hear most likely isn't the shutter, it's the IR lens either engaging or disengaging. Some models are noisier than others but I've even had two of the same model cameras have different reactions. One had a slight click and another was silent.

4. American Honky

American Honky Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    On both my Moultries when the infrared flash is on when taking a night video you can hear a very quiet buzzing or maybe humming if you're standing right next to it. I'm sure if I can hear it from three feet a deer can hear it at thirteen feet... hasn't seemed to alarm them though. I did have the red glow from the infrared startle a buck one time though.

5. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Reconyx.