Helix broadhead review

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Stubert, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Stubert

Stubert Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a 6 pack of 100 grain single bevel Helix heads by Strickland archery. Upon getting them and opening the package I was impressed, they were very sharp and very well made. I bought the single bevel right hand grind. All of them spin tested good and the weight was spot on. They are .62" thick. Shooting them into a target, they grouped the same as my field points, no tuning needed. They definatly do turn going into the target. I have shot 2 deer with them so far. Deer #1 was quartering away hard at 25 yds., I put the arrow in, in front of his rear leg and it exited through the off side shoulder. (I did not hit any bone at all) complete pass through, arrow was on the ground 5 feet past the deer. The deer ran at the shot and stopped 30 feet away, looked around and started walking. He went another 20 feet, did the wobble dance and fell over. Upon dressing him the lungs looked like they were scrambled. The Helix head did not need sharpening. Deer #2 was an 18 yard broadside, I double lunged this one. (small doe) again I did not even hit a rib in or out, this deer jumped up at the shot and never ran, she walked slowly for about 40 yards and just laid down under a tree. Again, the lungs looked like jello. The arrow was buried in the dirt. I would have liked to hit a rib or bone so I could see how they do on bone. Both of the deer died within sight. The first one left a good blood trail, the second was a high hit and didn't leave any blood. ( I was shooting from the ground) I am very impressed with them, both deer died in sight, I have been bowhunting for 30 yrs. and these 2 deer went down faster than any other head I have used, no tracking needed. If you are looking to try a single bevel head I can strongly recomend the Helix.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  2. 100rollie

100rollie Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the review, will be ordering the 150's to try.

3. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They are very well regarded by guys shooting Single Bevels