Tactacam HD

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by static edge, Nov 25, 2014.

1. static edge

static edge Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I recently got the filming bug and decided to buy a Tactacam HD. I decided to go with the stabilizer camera idea instead of going all out with a full video camera setup. I figured I would give up some image quality (especially during the shot) but I would gain a little easy of use and it would be one less piece of equipment I would have to drag into the woods. After reading reviews online no one really seemed to think any bow mounted camera was worth the cost. I bought the Tactacam because it seemed to be rated the best and it had top of the line image quality and was much cheaper than a Go-Pro. Right out of the box I was impressed, it mounts super easy to the bow, just like a normal stabilizer would. The camera is waterproof, has good battery life, and can fit any size mirco SD card. It begins to record with just one touch of the button. The image quality is superb for such a small camera. All features of a deer can be clearly made out at 30+ yards and there is no blur of the image even when the deer is trotting through the picture. The camera even comes with multiple mounts. I mounted it on my rifle just last week to get some footage. There is a clamp that was simple to mount onto the scope and pop the camera in with ease. I am more than pleased with the camera. It will take some practice holding the bow (or rifle) up after a shot and trying to keep it steady before, but that will come with time. The camera is a great way to add another element to anyone's hunting arsenal. I would recommend this camera to anyone who wants to get into filming their hunts but doesnt want to add all the complexity and cost of a full camera outfit. With a little practice, you can get some pretty good video's to document your hunt.

Here was my first attempt at filming. The deer are at 25-30 yards throughout the video.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. wags1

wags1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was so impressed with the camera when I bought mine before season last year, that I started telling my friends and showing my videos,then they wanted one so I would order it for them ( as I had already had several conversations with the developer of the camera ) and ended up selling a bunch of them from home so this past Jan., Tactacam made me a dealer...... I am having as much fun filming deer as I am hunting them !!! This will be my 2nd season of having one on my bow.... Also the service is OUTSTANDING !! I had a gentleman that already had a GO PRO buy THREE Tactacams from me !!!! Another gentleman that already had the Excel Hunting Camera bought TWO Tactacams and said that there is no comparison between the Excel and Tactacam, Tactacam much better video quality.. Also have downed 3 bucks (1-last season, 2-this season) put the camera on photo, prop the bow up against the tree and hit the button.... Photo every second automatically, just pick out the ones that I want !!!! Love my Tactacam !!!!!!

3. wags1

wags1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tactacam Pics

These are a few of some pics that I have taken with the Tactacam. The buck pics as I said earlier, just put the slide to "photo", prop the bow against a tree or take the camera out of the stabilizer and put in fork of tree, hit the button, and POSE LOL

Attached Files: