The Best Rain Gear

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by FullTimeKiller, Nov 9, 2014.

1. FullTimeKiller

FullTimeKiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am looking to purchase some new rain gear. The stuff I have now is Sitka and it's pretty nice. I've had it for about 4 years now and just out grew it. I'm looking for something that is high quality, and something that will be trusty to take one mountain hunts. So far I have checked out some Sitka gear and also interested in Kuiu. Hope some of you guys have some info for me, recommendations. What's all out there? Doesn't even have to be camo gear and well made rain gear that's reliable in wet hunting conditions. Thanks for the help in advance.

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You mentioned two of the best ...no need to look further ...but if you do the reviews on First Lite rain gear has been super.

3. rtolliver

rtolliver Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You already said it my friend. Both are good for hunting and work.

4. FullTimeKiller

Dislikes Received:
    Alright thanks guys. Ya I like Sitka gear, I have quite a few different jackets, pants, etc of Sitka and I like it all. The rain gear I have is from when the company first started out, in the mothwing camo. It's pretty good stuff. I haven't seen the new rain gear they offer in person, but from what I understand it's made out of different material. The old stuff was made out of a stretch like material. But I'll have to check it out. Thoughts on Kuiu gear, never tried or owned any of it. Thanks again.

5. FullTimeKiller

Dislikes Received:
    I decided to go with the Sitka stormfront jacket and pants, and the kuiu Yukon jacket. I don't know anyone that has kuiu and I've actually never seen any products for myself, I just had to go with what I read on reviews. Hope I like the jacket.

6. FullTimeKiller

Dislikes Received:
    The Sitka stormfront gear seems to be better made in my opinion. I think that will be my go to rain gear. I checked out the some other rain gear my friend ordered from kuiu and although it's nice breathable, light stuff it's really stretchy and my opinion is that any branches that will touch it will tear it up. I think it would be great stuff if you hunt in open areas but I don't think I'd want to take it into thick stuff and risk getting it torn up. These are just quick reviews on a first glance look and inspection of the gear. I have yet to actually try anything out in the field, after some testing and use I'll have a better idea.