ameristep quad pod review

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by scoot12, Oct 24, 2014.

1. scoot12

scoot12 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG] Just wanted to share my thoughts on a pod stand I bought back last Christmas, its called the ameristep quad pod. I had an area where I wanted to put a long thin food plot and there where no trees for stands, didn't want a tripod stand but wanted to be off ground a little and saw the quad pod, found it on sale for $250 that included one of their blinds and pulled trigger. Its 6 feet off ground and weighs 144 lbs, build sturdy and when you are done near winter just take blind down and leave pod out there. 2 deer have been shot out of it this year and have passed on 2 nice bucks. I love this thing, it takes about 3 hours to put together but 2 guys can move it no problem. Scoot

2. benkfd139

benkfd139 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Have seen these and wondered about getting one. Especially for when it gets really cold, rain/snow or windy out. How does it do standing up to the wind? And do you have a solid floor in it or is it mesh?

3. scoot12

scoot12 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I put mine out in June with blind on top so deer would get used to it, holds up great, I added zip ties to attach blind to pod. It is a mesh floor and I bought a cheap black rug from menards and put in it, shot two deer out of it this year and next year plan on buying another for my other plot. When done late season take blind down and leave pod out year around. Scoot