What bow do you guys shoot and why.

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by mickeyt360, Oct 19, 2014.

1. mickeyt360

mickeyt360 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im just looking to see what bows everyone is shooting and what made you get that brand of bow. As of now i am shooting a bowtech assassin (hunting bow.) and a 2014 bowtech carbon knight (target archery). i have shot hoyt and bear bows i just like the bowtech brand i have been with bowtech since i was 15 and i have never had a problem with them.

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I grew up shooting Bear archery products from the time I was 6 years old through my teens and early twenties. When I was 26, I bought my first Hoyt and have been so pleased with them that I've never owned anything else since in spite of shooting lots of others. My last two Bear bows I owned broke the crappy fiberglass type limbs just sitting idle on the shelf.

I just like the way they (Hoyts) feel and shoot and to me, they've always had more interesting and aesthetically pleasing designs. Always top notch quality in every one I've owned and shot.

3. WV Jess

WV Jess Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I really don't have a preference. Before I became a family man and could afford a new rig every 2-3 yrs, I would simply shoot every bow that fit my budget and pick the one most comfortable shooting.

4. ballard

ballard Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I broke out with an high country. Ha but as i progressed i chose hoyt I currently shoot a hoyt alpha max 35. I like the quiteness in my hand ,light, and its forgiving.Nothing against other bows hoyt just fits me

5. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Mission Ballistic, because they have all the tech and quality of a Mathews (same company) at half the price. And it flat out f*ing drives tacks.

6. mzcummins

mzcummins Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Bowtech Captain because its quite, super smooth and quick (for its time), I wanted a new bow, went in thinking I was getting another hoyt but the Bowtech was better shooting and cheaper.

7. f.c.geil

f.c.geil Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Matthews SoloCam, because it was free. I don't even remember what model it is, just that it was only produced from '98-'01. It doesn't quite fit, it's really noisy, but it drives tacks and is blisteringly fast. I hope to get a new bow within the year, but don't know which one yet. I'll look until I find the one that fits best and feels right.

8. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Mathews Chill R. I've had PSE, Bowtech, other Mathews in the past. Brand name doesn't matter to me, it's about what feels right in my own hands and for me the Chill R just felt like a smooth draw and no jump on the shot and I'm very happy with my choice!

9. Revvv

Revvv Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bear has my vote due to their phenomenal customer service and the reliability of their bows. Also, Fred Bear has an amazing history in archery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Shooting the Elite Energy 35 right now. Absolutely LOVE the back wall on it and how smooth it is to draw. The grip has enough wood on it to make it comfortable in the hand. That's the first thing I look for when picking up a bow. I owned two Matthews bows before this one and really loved the wood grips they had.

11. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot Mathews bows. I shot other bows years ago. (Bear, Jennings and Martin) I bought my first Mathews (a used Fx) back in 2007. I bought a Drenalin in 2009 and I have been hooked ever since. I like Single Cam bows and Mathews Single Bows are the best to me. I like the look and feel of them.

12. codeman21

codeman21 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a pse stinger 3g. For s couple reasons 1 I don't have much money 2 it was on sale and 3 I know pse makes a good bow

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

13. Polecatmasten

Polecatmasten Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Have shot
    Bear
    PSE
    Hoyt
    Shoot a Mathews now..sweetest bow I've had, nothing bad to say about any of the rest. Still have Hoyt sticker in my truck )

14. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree! My Bear is light, fast and has an incredibly forgiving back wall. Customer service is wonderful.

15. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I now shoot a Mathews Switchback XT. Before that I had the Outback. I started years ago with a Darton. My cousin owns a bow shop in Cincinnati. He got me hooked on Mathews. It isn't the fastest but it is quiet and deadly!

16. drycreek

drycreek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I started out with a Ben Pearson recurve back when dinosaurs roamed the earth. When I bought my first bow with wheels, it really was wheels, a Bear Whitetail Hunter I think. First actual compound with cams ( actually one cam ) was a Mathews MQ 32. From that to an Outback, then a HELIm. When my shoulders began to hurt, I switched to an Elite Pure, then to an Elite Answer. Still have the Answer, but do most of my hunting with my new E 35. Best shooting bow I've ever owned !

17. Shaftem

Shaftem Newb

Dislikes Received:
    my first bow was a bear whitetail hunter. Google it yea its old. but I've shot a lot of bows and bear has come a long way. I've shot a pse in fact bought one for my son. I've had 3 Hoyts a carbon matrix and 2 carbon elements. nice and light dead in the hand even without a stabilizer. smooth draw and very accurate when set up right. but I've been hesitant over the last 4 years to switch and I did. im shooting and elite energy 35. its a nice medium between target and hunting bow. its heaver than a carbon element but you just cant beat the back wall. no other bow will compare. once you draw and anchor you can hold it there effortlessly all day. draw weight on my bow is 60# and at full draw its like 6#. so ive sacrificed the weight of a light bow for the let off. the bow is great and accurate as well. I don't think ill be switching anytime soon

18. roadrunner

roadrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Primary bow: Carbon Spyder 30

Backup bow: Spyder 30

Backup for backup bow: Vector 32

Have shot: Martin, PSE, Bowtech, Matthews, G5 (Prime), Hoyt

19. TheChurchArchers

TheChurchArchers Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Hoyt Carbon Element and i love it!! I've shot them all also and I love hoyt bows they are just smooth and quiet!! I started off with PSE and it did the job but once i started shoot Hoyt it was hard to go back to anything else. I like matthews Chill to very smooth bow but i'm loyal to my Hoyt!!

20. Turkeysniper511

Turkeysniper511 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shoot a Hoyt charger. Love how light the bow is and how smooth and its a awsome price for a newer bow. I shot bowtech before this and like it wayyy better!