Broadhead

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by CarbonTech7, Sep 27, 2014.

1. CarbonTech7

CarbonTech7 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure where this belongs, but is a pretty simple question and i think the answer would be simple also. When broadhead tuning i want to make the broadheads and the field points group, but not together right? As in field points group in one area and broadheads group in another but not together? And adjust my sights to center the broadheads.

2. emberg89

emberg89 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    When tuning broadheads, move your rest, not your sight. Where you "chase the arrow" when sighting in, you want to go away from the arrow then moving the rest.

3. T FERG

T FERG Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There are a lot of opinons when it comes to this subject. what you are talking about is getting the field points and broad heads to hit the same point. which would mean easier target pratice and not having to shoot your broadheads as much. you have to adjust your rest to achive this. move the rest away from where your arows are hiting or opposite of following your arrows with your rest. till both points hit the same spot. the way i do it is paper tune my bow,then never move your rest. i just shoot my broadheads close to seaon and adjust my sight. i dont under stand why people paper tune then start to move there rest.

4. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My bow must shoot FP & BH in the same place out to 40 yards or I don't hunt with it.

5. SCFox

SCFox Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This for sure!! I've never understood the theory of moving your sight to shoot BH's. I will paper tune to get close, then BH tune to get same POI. I make small adjustments to the rest(1/64" at a time) until I get same POI. Paper tuning isn't the final step, it's just the beginning.

SCFox