Turbo Nock Review

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by tfarah22, Aug 21, 2014.

1. tfarah22

tfarah22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So a few months ago I got a dozen turbo nocks. For those of you that dont know what they are, they are a nock that has a slight twist in it, when it comes off the string it is supposed to create a twist in the arrow mechanically, supposidly not slowing down you arrow from friction. I will try and post a few pictures later that I took of my arrows set up.

Pros:
    -Easy install
    -inexpensive
    -a few flew really well
    -quick delivery

Cons:
    -Loud in flight
    -Hard vanes are very uncomfortable against you face when at full draw
    -Not precise enough manufacturing on the insert portion of the nock. 1 of three would not sit straight causing it to hit about 8 inches different then my group at 30 yards
    -Hard vanes... I cant see that helping when passing through a animal.

I made up three, not the whole dozen. I had to strip the vanes and pull the nocks on my arrows and wanted to try a few before i went all in. Well out of the three one wouldn't seat straight causing the arrow to fly terrible. The other two flew well, but where loud in flight, and were uncomfortable up against my face when anchoring. i did not notice any speed or accuracy difference.

Overall they didnt seem to fit very tight in the back of my shafts which caused me some concern right away. After shooting them a couple of dozen times and weeding out the bad one, i decided that there was no advantage. So I pulled them out and had them refleched and new nocks put back in. I also did not like having hard vanes and then shooting them into a target, I was just waiting for them to break.

I really wanted these to work, and in principle it sounds like a good idea, but I just couldn't make that call knowing that I might only get to sling one arrow that year and I needed to count on it. So i went with tried and true.

If you have any questions I would be more then happy to answer.

2. tfarah22

tfarah22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  3. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    COOL....

4. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the review. Have you tried the FOBs? Same concept as a missile and I could get them to group very well. They were however a little noisy but That could be fixed with a little tweaking I think.