buy a used Mathews Z7 Magnum?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by dnoodles, Aug 16, 2014.

1. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    hey ya'll;
    not sure if this is the right category to post this in or not, but it's more of a solicitation for an opinion on the specific model rather than a WTB question.

So I'm looking to buy a used top-of-the-line bow for a back up to my '13 Mission Ballistic, which I love and someone will have to eventually pry from my cold dead fingers. However, I'm kind of limited b/c I shoot lefty so my selection is not as big as it otherwise would be.

So, a guy down the road from my dad has a used 2010 LH Mathews Z7 Magnum for $650 with some accessories (that I don't need.) My dad checked it out for me and said it looks like it's barely been used (but I would re-string no matter what.)

Anyway, if I can get him down to $5-600, should I jump on it sight unseen? My dad will do the legwork for me; they're about a 5 hour drive from me so it's not worth me driving all the way there just to check it out.

All I know about the Magnums is they were fast and what I read here:

Z7 Magnum | Mathews Inc.

I should note that I need a backup b/c I'm going to be out west for 2 weeks in September and I'd really be SOL if my only bow breaks.

Anyway, thoughts on the Z7 Magnum as a backup for under $600 ?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014