Started bow for wife?????

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by big_quillie, Aug 8, 2014.

1. big_quillie

big_quillie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My wife has expressed some interest in archery. I want to buy her a cheap started bow that won't put me out to much if she decides to throw it down and call it quits but is practical enough to satisfy her if she chooses to stick with it. Currently I'm looking at the PSE chaos or Bear apprentice. Does anyone have experience with this bow or have any suggestions?

2. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My girlfriend is also getting into archery. I got her the Bear Apprentice 2. It is a great bow for her it's shooting very well for her. Although I will say that, had I done a little more research into it before purchasing the bow, I would've gotten her a Diamond Infinite Edge. The Infinite Edge has more adjustability and seems to be a better "all around" hunting rig. Of course it costs a little more but not to much.

The Bear Apprentice is a great bow and will definitely do the job. I would suggest gaging her interest in it and if she is really enthusiastic and seems she could really get into it, I would spend the little extra and get the Infinite Edge.
    Just my $.02 hope it helps.

3. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    mission craze....awesome adjustability and only 299

4. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you want her to stick with it ( which I'm sure you do) take her out and let her find the bow. Take a back seat and let her drive.

The more she fells involved in the selection processes the greater the likely hood that she'll feel more of a connection to it.
    And you'll gain a hunting buddy.

My wife started with the infinite edge and liked it, but shortly there after decided that she wanted a bow more set for her.
    She got a charger vixen so now we have a infinite edge just sitting here not being used , shot less than a year trying to sell.

The bear finesse has been a hot seller and is a ladies bow, not a one size fits all bow. My wife liked it but ultimately went with the charger.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  5. SRArney12

SRArney12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just got my wife a hoyt ignite. Same principle as the infinite edge and she loves it

6. Whitetailfreak52

Whitetailfreak52 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll second this!! I got my wife this and it shoots very well! Good starter bow in my book.

7. big_quillie

big_quillie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys

8. Windwalker7

Windwalker7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Diamond Infinite edge The GF got one last year. Put an Apache rest on it. She was hitting playing cards with it at 20yds her second time ever shooting a bow. No prior experience. I got a video of her shooting it on my channel link below.

9. SWitchBacKXT

SWitchBacKXT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Check out the mission line, they have several starter bows.

10. PiN 'eM & STiCK 'Em

PiN 'eM & STiCK 'Em Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    bought the exact same bow for my wife as she wanted to start shooting. it adjusts from 20-60lbs, so she could use it long enough to figure out if she really likes it...then SHE can buy the next one lol.

11. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah its a great bow and is shooting very well for her. I think that after a year or two we will get her a Diamond Infinite Edge and the Bear Apprentice 2 will be given to her son who is almost 9 years old now. The Apprentice 2 will be great for him for a long time.

12. 00svtlightning

00svtlightning Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I got my gf a diamond infinite edge. She likes it and it shoots well.

13. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That is an awesome beginner, youth, and womens bow! With the huge draw range if she ever decides it isn't for her it will make a great bowfishing rig too!

14. MidTNKayakAngler

MidTNKayakAngler Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My wife showed interest last year. So We bought her a Mission Craze with a Trophy Ridge Sight, and Whisker Biscuit rest. She shot that all last year, and she showed interest again this year so she shot many different bows, and the Mathews Chill SDX fit her the best. She picked up a QAD rest, Bee Stinger dual bars, and a Spot Hogg Boss sight. She is shooting so much better this year, and much more confident. Last year we decided that she wouldn't hunt, but shoot a lot and get confident. She says she ready this year.