Carbon bows

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by biscuit, Aug 3, 2014.

1. biscuit

biscuit Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would like to know what motivated anyone to purchase a carbon bow? I recently have seen a few threads with some other manufactures jumping on the carbon train, and moving full steam ahead. (did you guys get that?) Anyhow I chose my specific bow for the following reasons.

1. Noticeable difference in vibration dampening.
    2. The balance was out of this world. The bow just simply floats after the shot, as if it was a statue.
    3. Technology, I like fact that Hoyt has taken a giant leap into moving forward and thinking out of the box by using a new type of material for our risers.
    4. Draw cycle is super smooth, wall is solid
    5. No need to sacrifice that dead in your hand feel for speed.

I am by no means a bow expert at all, but I can say for sure these are the type of things I noticed when shooting this specific carbon bow.

With that being said I would really like to shoot some other carbon bows.

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I liked the cutting edge tech both for performance and aesthetics. Love to shoot my Element.

3. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I recently purchased a Carbon Knight in March. I'm a beginner bow hunter and it was a great price. It has no vibration, is quiet and weighs 3.2lbs. I don't think you can beat that and performance for price, I think you'd have a hard time finding a better bow. It might not be the fastest or fanciest out there, but it gets the job done, no question about that. All the carbon bows I've seen and solid and perform very well.

4. MTSCMike

MTSCMike Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought mine this year because I had damage to both shoulders..right has been "fixed" (still not 100% and never will be) but left has not. I had to drop draw weight to 60 lbs and thought while I was buying a new bow I might as well drop total mass too. Best move I ever made!

Now that I've shot it a while I like the dampening and I have noticed the feel in my hand is no longer metallic, almost like my old wooden bow days. I think I'll LOVE it when the temps get cold.

5. LSU327

LSU327 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34. Not only is the bow ridiculously light, but it is by far the quietest hunting bow I have ever shot. Next to no vibration during the shot as well. I highly recommend.

6. Yancey

Yancey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just purchased a Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30. Before I got it I read reviews on that bow plus many more. Then I went to my local dealer and shot a few to see which one I felt I liked more. Once I shot it and felt how well it did I just had to have it. It's super light and very stable. You could hardly tell it just sent an arrow out. It's fast enough to get the job done and let's face it… it looks super cool too.

7. CarbonTech7

CarbonTech7 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Cs30 here also. Can't really say more than what has been said. It's a great bow. The carbons biggest asset is the fact that it doesn't get cold. Those late season early morning hunts will be much more enjoyable and easier to pull. The old hype of short speed bows pinch and don't fit bigger guys just isn't so anymore. The 30 is the prefect stand now enough said.

8. roadrunner

roadrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    To see what it was like. Since I shoot left hand, I don't get the opportunity to just try one. Most of the time, I have to order one and hope I like it. The Carbon Spyder I picked up this springs shoots really nice. But, when shot against last years Spyder there is very little noticeable difference and slim to none if shot days apart. I suppose I will find out more on the getting cold thing later this year.

9. Live2Draw

Live2Draw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    High country started using carbon risers in 1996. It has taken a while to catch on, but even those bows were amazing. It is a great material.

10. Iowah

Iowah Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The Carbon Knight is not made out of real carbon.

11. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm no mineral expert and they call it the Carbon Knight. If it's not made of carbon, what is it made of? And what bow is made out of real carbon? I'm not trying to be a jerk or calling you a liar, but if what you say is true, please provide some research to back it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk