Carbon express XT 4 blade

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by ISiman/OH, Jul 24, 2014.

1. ISiman/OH

ISiman/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have any experience with this broadhead? Really caught my eye, has the same look and profile as Solid Broadheads for 1/4 of the price.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ISiman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Comparison to Solid broadheads which are 4 times the price.
    [​IMG]

3. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Give them a try. Spin test them, check the sharpness etc... if you don't like them, return them. Bottom line... they are probably way better than many heads out there.

4. Jtrump

Jtrump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Probably a lower grade steel, and an extra setscrew it looks like where the bleeder blade fits into the slot. May not hold an edge as long but you could sharpen them pretty easily, may also bend/break them if you hit something harder then soft hide.. But hell for 1/4 the price I would give them a try even though I shoot Solids.

They may even be a little quieter! Let us know

5. ISiman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    After having a few bad experiences with mechs these look pretty fool proof. And from some reviews I have read they don't have the flight problems that come with Magnus. Also the blades are a bit thicker preventing the tip fold over of some other two blade design broadheads.

6. ISiman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    To compare the XT's have a thickness of .056 and solids have .060. Not much of a difference compared to the magnus stinger of .042.

7. budalcorn45

budalcorn45 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot them...they fly well, they are sharp out of the package for sure, and seem to be a really nice for the price. I purchased them when they were on camofire for $16. Well worth it!

8. ISiman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    I'm thinking I'm going to order them for me and they should work good for my girlfriends bow aswell.

9. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I liked the look of the XT4. I ended up buying these Calmonts to try out this year instead. So far I really like them.

[​IMG]

10. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They look sick! Let us know how they work out! Im sure the difference in the two is def the type of steel used and the added set screw. Very similar design though.

11. ISiman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Well I ordered them today, I will post my initial thoughts as soon as they come. Found a steal on amazon and got 3 packs shipped for 34 bucks. Even if they don't live up to my expectations they will make a great broadhead for groundhogs due to the super cheap price. They came out to cost $3.70 per head, solids run 26$ a head.

12. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow those look sweet! I may pick up a pack myself to check them out. 3 packs for $34 is pure awesomeness. Definitely keep us posted on your opinion after receiving and shooting them.

13. ISiman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Little update on the heads after receiving and shooting. They came in a nice package and relatively sharp out of the box. Everything was tight and seems to be well made. I had a chance to shoot them last week. The flight seemed decent, no noise in the air. They did seem to drift a little bit from shot to shot, meaning sometimes they would fly with my fieldpoints. They would never be off more then 2-3 inches. This might be a issue with my arrow, shooting straight fletched blazers. I'm going to try a helical fletch for better (I hope) results.

14. ISiman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Little update on the heads after receiving and shooting. They came in a nice package and relatively sharp out of the box. Everything was tight and seems to be well made. I had a chance to shoot them last week. The flight seemed decent, no noise in the air. They did seem to drift a little bit from shot to shot, meaning sometimes they would fly with my fieldpoints. They would never be off more then 2-3 inches. This might be a issue with my arrow, shooting straight fletched blazers. I'm going to try a helical fletch for better (I hope) results.

15. budalcorn45

budalcorn45 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot these again yesterday. I shoot aluminum 505gr arrows with 4" feathers right helical. I was shooting consistent 4" dots out to 40 with them. They flew great. I also had great flight out of the drt dirtnap gear heads too. I will have both in my quiver this fall.