Rivers edge fast climbing sticks

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by charness0001, Jul 9, 2014.

1. charness0001

charness0001 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Since i got scammed on ebay i still need to find another treestand before season. instead of a climber i was looking at getting another hang on stand. i came across these tree steps and wondered if anyone had ever used them. they are the same height as the lone wolfs and have a cam strap on each step. only big difference is the price and weight. these weigh 4 lbs each and are only like $14 each. so any feedback would be appreciated.

2. Lastoneout

Lastoneout Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My opinion,
    Buy once, cry once. Get some LW or muddy sticks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Great advice! I am getting Lone Wolf sticks!

4. charness0001

charness0001 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i would like to buy lw sticks but the boss(wife) dont see eye to eye when it comes to buying hunting equipment. Its easier for me to explain spending $70 on 5 sticks compared to 4 sticks for $180. If they last 2 seasons i would be happy. By then i can upgrade without the hassle. I did already purchase a new bow, all new accessories, new arrows, and a new truck. i would be lucky if she let me buy more, thats why im curious if someone has experience with them. If they are not worth buying i would probably just wait until next year to buy lw but i could use another stand this year.

5. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Get what you feel you need. If you are out hunting like crazy in season and will be using them year after year invest in a good set of sticks if not get some like just work for you.

6. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hands down line wolf does make the best stands I have ever used.
    Last year was the first time I used them. I previously had a back injury that up had to have a couple surgeries to fix. Any other stand I have used I would constantly have to shift around because of the seat putting pressure on my nerves. The alpha 2 I sat in was amazing and I didn't wen have the seat cushion with me. No shifting a round. And the platform to the seat leaves plenty of leg room even for taller guys.
    As far as sticks go there are companies that make a similar one to the LW set but either weigh more or won't level on the tree. So me personally I would rather have less stands and plan my hunts better than cheap stands just to have more of them.

Mathews Chill X
    NAP Carbon apache
    HHA optimizer
    Pine ridge stab
    CX Maxima Hunters

7. wildernessninja

wildernessninja Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received: