Prime Impact

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Zedd, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Zedd

Zedd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I went to Cimmaron Ranch Archery (a shop I cannot speak highly enough of) and had the opportunity to shoot several bows. I really wanted to shoot the Elite 35/32, which I did do. It was amazingly smooth. The bare bow did want to jump in the hand a tiny bit, and the vibration was extremely low. Then the shop fella gave me another bow to try, a Prime Impact. It was even more smooth than the Elite, faster, and the vibration was a little less. Note the vibration on both were almost none existent. The only way I was able to detect it was to place my forefinger very lightly on the grip as I shot it. Both the bows had a deep vibration (as opposed to my PSE Surge that was much higher in frequency), however the Prime Impact's was a tiny bit deeper and lower in amplitude. At least by touch. I kinda figure this would translate into a lower sound that wouldn't travel quite as far. Anyone out there shooting the new Prime Impact? I add they had a paper testing apparatus set up and off the shelf the Elite was perfect.

2. LSU327

LSU327 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    all these bows are starting to get ridiculously smooth. how would you compare to the mathews line?

3. Zedd

Zedd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I tried the mathews chill and chillr and both were undeniably smooth, however, the valley wasn't as deep nor as long as the Prime Impact (IMO). It also had noticeably more vibration, although again, it had relatively little compared to the impact. The only way I was able to feel vibration in any of the bows was to close my open pointer finger until it barely touched the front of the bow grip.

4. Zedd

Zedd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Any who have read my postings would quickly note I am a beginner. The Cimarron Archery Shop north of Fort Worth Texas was fantastic. They confirmed what I was doing correct and adjusted my draw the tiniest of bits to facilitate repeatability, in fact increasing my draw length by 1/2". All of the reps were friendly without being obsequies.