Range Finder Opinions

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Borgy76, May 27, 2014.

1. Borgy76

Borgy76 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looking to pick up a range finder and wanted to get some opinions from people. Looking at the Vortex line, mainly because I have heard such good things about their quality and customer service. Any others I should be checking out? Trying to stay in the under $400 range.

Don't really care about accuracy 1000+ yards, this is going to be for bow hunting. I want good quality for bowhunting and something that is going to be decent for in the woods, low light conditions.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  2. dorobuta

dorobuta Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the leupold full-draw and it's probably the best archery specific range finder I've tried. It automatically corrects for down or upward angles.

3. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Check out the ones with the LED light display. I know Leupold has one. At the price point you're looking at, you can get that option. For low light conditions you can't beat it.

Also, stay away from bushnell. their customer service is terrible if something happens to it.

4. Borgy76

Borgy76 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I will have to check into the Leupolds, the Vortex was pretty sweet when I checked it out at cabelas. I believe that corrects for downward angles as well. Have to do some more research.

5. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Nikon Archer's Choice and love it! I just won a Bushnell Scout DX and am on the fence about it now.