Danner Boots: Customer Service

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by scarps23, Apr 30, 2014.

1. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bought a pair of Danner High Ground boots last fall. Very comfortable. This spring went out shed hunting and one of the bottom eyelets that laces run through busted. I could see others were wearing. It was a basic nylon looking loop. Took back to Cabelas where I bought them. (I took in pretty muddy and should have cleaned them up) They were going to give me a partial credit of $70.

Sent the boots into Danner after cleaning them up. Within a couple of days of receiving them I received a call telling me that the boots had been looked over and could see the problem. They gave me full credit at full price and option to exchange to a different boot. Great customer service! Love telling others about companies that take care of people.

I've read a lot about how Danner has gone down hill due to their boots being imported. They do a have a few boots that are still Made in the USA. I asked the representative about the difference and in her opinion the Made in the USA were far superior as I had expected and had read. They are more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Anyone have the Ridgemaster or the East Ridge boots? I was looking between them. I know people used to swear by Danner when the pronghorns were Made in the USA. Now they are imported.

2. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Read some good reviews on the Ridgemaster and pulled the trigger. Exceptional customer service. If they don't fit right and I can ship that back at no charge and they will exchange them. I doubt that will be needed as they are sending the same size as other boot.