PSE Sinister Review

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Bowman831, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Bowman831

Bowman831 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I recently bought my first compound bow. As a result I shot everything I could get my hands, read everything I could, and talked to as many archers as I could find. These are my thoughts after shooting the PSE Sinister(Granted it's only from an afternoon in the shop, and I didn't get to take it out in the woods), I wrote a much longer review on my website, but here are the highlights.

The Good

Fast & Powerful Enough for through & through shots inside ~40 yards
    Longer Brace = Good for a shooter like me
    Short Axle to Axle Length(only 28 inches)

The Bad

A harsher draw cycle than other bows
    A lot of kick after the shot

The Bottom Line
    The PSE Sinister is one bad bow. Short axle to axle length, tall braces, and a fast IBO made it a front runner. I think this bow is really underrated after talking to a few hunters.

If you want to read the full review you can check it out here.

2. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just wondering if anyone on here has had any issues with the Sinister. My brother bought one new in the Spring and has had non stop problems with it. It has completely blown up now three times and is on it's way back to PSE to be fixed yet again. This most recent time was on his first shot out of the box back from PSE. He is starting to think that it might be something he is doing, is that possible? I'm pretty new to shooting myself but I don't see how you could mess up a shot that badly to cause that. Seems to me like it is a manufacturing issue. PSE has claimed they don't see many problems with the Sinister, yet it has been discontinued and they don't make a model that short anymore (28 in AtA). Any insight would be much appreciated.

3. fololight

fololight Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've had my sinister for a few months now and haven't had a single problem.

4. WV Jess

WV Jess Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My guess is that it is the bow itself. Your brother might have gotten a rare bow with cam alignment issues. It happens. Sometimes the cams are so misaligned that the string will easily get off track, causing it to "blow up" after the shot. PSE has outstanding customer service and I'm surprised they didn't replace the bow after the second trip back to them for repair. This is just my guess however since I can't see the bow myself and I don't think pictures would help determine that is the problem. Regardless, PSE makes very decent bows, regardless of price range. I wouldn't give up my Diablo for nothing and it has seen alot of shooting time.