Schrade survival knife review

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Wesley Lofton, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Wesley Lofton

Wesley Lofton Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Very solid one piece knife. Really heavy and sturdy. The finish is flat grey and is really easy to scratch off. The guard is really narrow and is really easy to let your hand slip past it towards the blade if applying downward pressure. Not the greatest edge on it out of the box, really needs to be worked over on a stone to improve the edge before use. Would not even cut through card board out of the box. The storage space in the handle is nice once you remove the included screw driver kit, it is kind of useless. As a survival knife that space is better used for matches, some type of wadded up fire starter, or fishing line maybe. Also the sheath that comes with it is about 2-3 inches longer then the knife, really makes the sheath bigger then it needs to be.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  2. Stubert

Stubert Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I stopped buying Schrades when they went chinese, I have about a dozen of the Walden, NY knives. Carbon steel blades, You can sharpen them on a rock. The new one are junk IMO.

3. Wesley Lofton

Wesley Lofton Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yea, I wouldn't buy one either, I got it for free to test and review. I'm a buck knife man my self.