Maxima Red shafts?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Lt.smoke, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Lt.smoke

Lt.smoke Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So a few of my buddies around here use them and swear by them? Are they all they've cracked up to be? How are they different than my gold tip xt hunters? Would i notice a difference if I made the switch?

Thanks

2. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I noticed an immediate change when compared to my Victory VForce arrows. With a fixed blade broadhead they seemed to stabilize way faster and very little if any fishtailing unless I torque the bow. The consistency from one arrow to the other is also what got me, they all seem to fly the same so far!

3. Lt.smoke

Lt.smoke Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Oh great I just may have to look into them then

4. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I dont think I will shy away from my GT just yet. They have been with me so long.

5. hedderickc

hedderickc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If they aint broke, don't fix it. Hard to justify the spending when I can shoot an arrow for far less money with the same accuracy.

6. spoonie08

spoonie08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been impressed with mine. Only one minor thing, the silver coating towards the bottom of the shaft, has faded I guess after being shot so many times. Just one minor cosmetic issue that bugs me.

7. haldermand

haldermand Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There's no denying that CX makes a good arrow. Are they the best? I personally don't think so, but they are good arrows.

Our CX rep told is that virtually anyone shooting 30" 70# or less can shoot a 250 shaft because all of the flex is in the red part of the arrow. I'm very skeptical about this, because I've seen the whole dual spine and weight forward technology get proven false and just a marketing ploy.

To me, a 250 shaft out of a 30" 70# bow us way underspined, so I guess we'll see if that is true.

Regardless, I'm not trying to bash on CX, as I said they make good arrows. I've shot them in the past and may again in the future sometime if I find out they make an arrow that flies best for me again. I guess what I'm saying is that if you're dead set on CX, I would go with the Maxima Hunters or Blue Streaks, simply because they have proven themselves already. The RED's are still young..

Good luck!

8. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I WAS shooting the 250 out of 70 pounds but with a 28" draw. The arrows would tune and fly right with fixed blades, but they had a lot of flex and movement to them.
    I sold them and got the 350, whoa, huge difference.

Now, to the OP and the quesiton. If you're comfortable with your arrows and you like them, then why change? Spending twice as much on an arrow won't make you suddenly be able to robin hood at 100 yards.
    If you have the money, like to experiment and are comfortable with changing setups, then give them a try. Just don't get your hopes up thinking it's some super arrow that solves all your archery problems.

Personally, I really like CX arrows. They have always shot great and have been tough. I think most people don't understand the dual spine, weight forward claim so they take heat for it. I shot blue streaks for years and they were just awesome. Every one was consistent and flew true. I think the reds actually fly better. I took the first shot and thought "whoa".

Are they a great arrow, very much so. Will you buy them and suddenly solve all your archery problems, no.

9. Lt.smoke

Lt.smoke Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks alot for the input