Equalizer Leveling Climbing Treestand

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by jeepster1023, Jun 12, 2013.

1. jeepster1023

jeepster1023 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've used their treestand since 2006 and not had a problem. The leveling feature allows me to level the two platforms, while in the air, determined by tree diameter to give me a level safe platform to hunt from. What they call the "SwiftLoc System" allows me to adjust the cable from on top of the rail in full view, another safty feature. Also the "Positive Locking System" that locks the upper stand to the lower and to the tree. It's a great stand, can hunt all day, comfortable. Rock solid!

I heard the manufacturer BuckShot Mfg. is back in business and they Heat Treat they Stands now and it's been redesigned and 100% U.S.A. made. They got my attention!

Going to look them up, sell my old one and order myself a new one.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  2. jeepster1023

jeepster1023 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    crank handle.jpg Lower wheel.jpg SwiftLoc.jpg
    upper platform crack handle, lower level crank handle & wheel, SwiftLoc System connects to rail

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Best Climbing Stand Ever made IMO!

4. jeepster1023

jeepster1023 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ya agree. They need the 1000 orders mark to start production. I know they'll get there a lot of orders coming in I hear. Looking to see hunters have a safe product to hunt from. Looking for a Trail Cam, Covert seems to be popular. Can you shed some light.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  5. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm surprised no other companies came up with an adjustable climber like that.

I could sell my summit SD Viper for one.
    Three reasons.
    1. I'd like a wider climber for more sitting room.
    2. No way I can climb smaller trees.
    3. Id like the option to adjust the angle in the tree.

6. jeepster1023

jeepster1023 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Afflicted... liked your videos. That bow cam mount is cool. Awesome avatar photo, one heck of a bull! Good reasons to go with an Equalizer. Once you have one you never go back, lol. I sell my old stuff on Ebay or Craiglist. Its funny how much old stuff I have. Seems like every couple years I have old stuff.

7. SharpEyeSam

Dislikes Received:
    Covert cameras are really good. I used Cuddeback for years and have since switched to Covert. The picture quality and battery life are unmatched to me. My forst one was the MP6 and I still have it. Check them out. You will not be disappointed.

8. jeepster1023

jeepster1023 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ya thanks definitely will check them out.

9. jeepster1023

jeepster1023 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sam...love my covert Black 60. Great photos, user friendly. Thanks for the lead. BuckShot Mfg.still getting factory together for production and taking advanced orders.

10. SharpEyeSam

Dislikes Received:
    No problem bro. I am ordering 3 more Covert cameras this week. I am on the waiting list at Buckshot for the Equalizer!

11. docmerchant

docmerchant Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Save the Equalizer Leveling Tree Stand from Extinction!!

How can we keep a really exceptional product from vanishing from the hunting community? The product that I am speaking of is the Equalizer leveling tree stand as well as the BuckShot climbing tree stand from Buckshot Manufacturing. Just Google Equalizer or BuckShot tree stand or Buckshot Manufacturing to find their site.

The Equalizer leveling tree stand is so much more than a climbing style tree stand. It is a climber that you can level in mid-climb safely. Just watch the video on their site or search for Equalizer on YouTube and you will see why I love mine so much.

The BuckShot climbing tree stand has most of the same features with the one exception of the leveling option.

Many of us have sons now who are learning to hunt and we want another Equalizer or Buckshot or even just the parts to replace what has worn on our original tree stand. How many other tree stands can say they get passed down to another generation?!?!

I spoke with Bill, the President of Buckshot Manufacturing, yesterday about the impending shutdown of their operation. When I saw the announcement on their website, I was really upset because it took nearly two years for the company to untangle themselves from a previous partnership which delayed the relaunch of the next generation of their tree stands here in America. However, during that delay I patiently waited because their products are THAT good!

I know that Bill is searching for a new investor or other ways to better capitalize their business and I know how hard that is to do. I am also saddened at how hard the laws of our country make it for a small business to raise capital in what I always thought was a capitalist country. I always assumed you could simply promote your business by saying, "Hey - do you want to invest in my company?" Apparently in America, that is not the case today.

I am searching for ways to help Bill raise the capital to keep the Equalizer and BuckShot tree stands alive because quite frankly, I want another one. But, beyond my own selfish motivation - I want to see this product survive and thrive for the benefit of all hunters who haven't yet experienced the Equalizer or BuckShot.

I think we can generate enough discussion and buzz about these products to influence their backers to revitalize this company. Please spread the word to others in the hunting community. Perhaps there is an Equalizer or Buckshot owner who is as passionate about it as I am and who would become an investor.

Please pass along any ideas you may have to Bill at Buckshot Manufacturing. I have no stake in Buckshot Manufacturing at all. I am just another hunter who wishes to see a great product have the chance to succeed and I'm willing to spread the word.

12. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to check these out right now.

13. ArcheryAddict21

ArcheryAddict21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    wow. cant tell you how many times i could have used those leveling cranks, probably about 50% or more haha :lol: these will be on my list come christmas

14. WO4T

WO4T Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The Equalizer is, in "my" opinion the best climbing tree stand on the market! I purchased mine years ago from Gretchen, who was the original owner's daughter, at that time. She demonstrated the stand and sold me on it immediately! It is by far one of the safest tree stands. There is nothing any more aggravating or dangerous, than to be high in the tree on a stand that is angled in an unsafe position. Not only is it unsafe, but it is uncomfortable, and tends to make me focus a lot of my attention on staying safe on the platform! Bill is the kind of guy we need in this business - good character and a man of integrity. I encourage every one who is interested in purchasing a new stand, to take a look at The Equalizer. I can attest you will be completely satisfied. Keep watching the website for updates and manufacturing start-up: BuckShot Manufacturing

15. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So they are going to be producing again?
    I still have an original, bought in '06. It is still 100% and performs like new. I would consider getting a new one if they do indeed restart.

16. xxanxx

xxanxx Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, they're back in business. I spoke with one if the owners yesterday (had a question about mine). I guess they're not doing shows anymore, though.

17. xxanxx

xxanxx Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I found this on another forum and thought it was kind of interesting:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017