r400 HALO Laser Range Finder

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by bowhunterleroy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. bowhunterleroy

bowhunterleroy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ive been reading reviews about either hit or miss with these range finders, some say theyre stupidly accurate and some say anything past 100 yards its off way too much to pass of on, does anyone have input on these or the simmons 600 yard finder ? im looking to buy one sometime soon but id like to know whats the better package

thanks guys'!

2. GeorgiaBoy

GeorgiaBoy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My girlfriend bought me one for Christmas. It's not amazing by any means, and if you rifle hunt I would opt for a different model: mine won't reach past 160 yards or so, but it does seem fairly accurate in comparison to other rangefinders.

I only bowhunt, so it's great for my purposes, but it is definitely not what it claims to be out the box.

3. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Halo is a waste of your money. The read out on mine didn't last long before it started going out. And it eats batteries quickly. I hate having to take the battery out at the end of a hunt. If I don't take it out, it's dead by the next afternoon. Little brother didn't even get to take his to the field before the display started messing up. I think the old saying might be true... ya get what ya pay for. Spend a little more and get something quality

4. bowhunterleroy

bowhunterleroy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hmm, thats not what i was hopeing to hear... i have heard a lot of good about the lrf600 so i might go with that. thankyou guys for the info!

5. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ive heard mixed reviews on this particular rangefinder. I've got a buddy with one and he mentioned that it seemed to be a few yards off when compared witrh other rangefinders. When looking through it this fall the optics didnt seem very bright or clear when compared with the leupold, nikon, or bushnell models. But then again, its all a matter of what youre willing to spend. This r400 seems like a pretty good range finder for the person on a budget.