What Stabilizer?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by HuntingNONstop, Dec 6, 2012.

1. HuntingNONstop

HuntingNONstop Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Best stabilizer under $50. If its an absolute must then it can be a little over, but rather it be 50 or below. I have a S coil right now, so tell me if the stabilizer you recommend is gonna be noticeably better. I have been looking at the NAP Apache 8" and the Octane 7" stabilizer. Length doesn't bother me. I just want something that will really stabilize my bow and just for an upgrade. Also I practice a lot just shooting at targets, but it will be mainly used for hunting.

2. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would save my money and not waste it on a stabilizer unless you need one to make your bow quieter and there are better ways to do that too.

3. ISiman/OH

ISiman/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It's gonna depend on how you want your bow to fell in the hand, I prefer a top heavy bow so i went with a heavier stabilizer. Try a few out and see what you think.

4. mpp0010

mpp0010 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Windjammer stabilizer. 49.99 I believe but very good product

5. HuntingNONstop

Dislikes Received:
    I'm thinking of just buying a Limbsaver modular stabilizer ($20) to attach to my s coil. And then also attaching an S coil extension ($20). This will make it a little longer, more stabilizing an will take pretty much all the sound out. What do you guys think? Or do you recommend something different

6. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Think the new Pine Ridge stabilizer is called the Buzzsaw or something like that. Very cool and I believe its gonna be $19

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

7. julien

julien Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been looking a t the nap apache seems really nice

8. HuntingNONstop

Dislikes Received:
    Ok. Yeah I'm trying to decide between a bunch I just don't know one for sure. I like the Apache stabilizer, I just don't know if it's got enough weight to actually stabilize it well. Anyone else have any recommendations??

9. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Have you shot any yet? It will give you an idea of what you want and help you narrow your search.

Sent from my HTC Hero S

10. SCHLOTTERBECK

SCHLOTTERBECK Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I saw a pine ridge nitro stabilizer on sale for $39.99 at one of the big box hunting stores. I've heard good things on them and will probably pick one up myself.

11. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Do like I said and go shoot some. If you are looking for it to actually stabilize, most "hunting"stabs aren't designed to do anything more than eliminate vibration which eliminates noise. Well, reduces anyway. If all you are worried about is the $50, stick with what you have. I have suggested to you the Octane Balance X which is a very versatile stab along with some others such as the Bee Stingers, Dead Center and others that you can add weights to and they do a great job reducing noise. Whatever you do, go shoot some and see if you can feel enough difference to even justify spending the $. Who knows, you may see enough difference to justify spending more. If not then your trip saved you $ and you got to spend some time learning at your pro shop.

12. HuntingNONstop

Dislikes Received:
    Ok that's what I'm going to do, that's pretty much the only thing I can do because every stabilizer is going to be different on different bows. The only reason I was tryin not to do that, is because the closest shop is 30 mins away. But I think it will be a well worth trip. Thanks for your guys answers and I'll tell you what I decide on.