NAP Killzones ??

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by mitch310, Oct 19, 2012.

1. mitch310

mitch310 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am a die hard NAP fan and absolutley love the two blade bloodrunner 100 grain. Put a massive whole in my buck and it only ran 20 yards and dropped. My dad shoots muzzy 100 fixed and his ran a little father (300 yards). He wants to buy the blood runners but I wanna know more about the kill zones. Has anyone used them or anything? I have been reading all kinds of stuff and according to the pictures they make a nice hole. He shoots a diamond marquis at 63 pounds with 29 in draw so he has the speed and everything to blow through a deer. Thanks guys and pictures are more than welcome!! :)

2. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Tons of people on the site use them and a bunch have been successful this season. Look through the Scoreboard thread and you will a bunch of them.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

3. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sharp and accurate=success! Broadhead brands are always debatable. I do like the design of the KZs if I were to ever leave Muzzy... which I doubt.

4. OctaneRudi

OctaneRudi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hey im 17 and just got a helim this year. i pull 60lbs and 28 inch draw and i just shot my first doe with it and killzones. first pass through ever and it went through both ribs. theyre awesome and i highly recomend them

[​IMG]

5. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Do a YouTube search. Awesome broadhead and if I ever go to a mechanical it would probably be the Killzone.

6. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    I love this broadhead! This head stays tight with no coming loose at all. No rattling in my quiver and when I pull a arrow
    out the broadhead is still in tact. Can't go wrong in my little opinion.

T

7. Matt / PA

Matt / PA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Very impressed with these so far......... typical NAP quality and blade toughness and sharpness. I switched to them this year from Rage heads the last 4 years or so. I killed quite a few deer with Rage heads and they never failed me but in EVERY single case they looked like a plane propeller after a crash when recovered. Just twisted mangled dull and curled blades.

The first Killzone deer this year broke and cut 4 ribs, 2 in and 2 out and stuck well into the dirt and the blades and head overall looked like I could just wash it off and use it again! Blades were straight and sharp and the tip (chisel style) was perfect as well.
    Quality wise and ease of use I think the Killzone has it over the Rage hands down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. mitch310

mitch310 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Damn now that impressive!! Nice work and on the does!! and thanks alot guys i appriciate it!! I think I just made up my mind haha

Merica

9. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That is gruesome!

10. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Shot my first deer with the Killzone on Saturday morning and all I can say is - I LOVE this broadhead. Average sized doe, slightly quartering towards me at about 15 yards. I put that Killzone clean through the big flat part of her shoulder and it tore her up. She made it 70 yards (uphill thankfully) and piled up within sight. No exit hole and high entry so the blood trail wasn't much for the first 30 yards, but after that she was spraying everywhere. There was a puddle of blood about the size of a basketball next to her when I walked up.

Took me about 2 minutes to pull the head back out through the shoulder bone, but it was complete in tact and working. No broken or bent blades. I'm 100% sold on the Killzone.

Oh, and I'm shooting a Mathews Heli-m at about 65 lbs. 27.5 inch Carbon Express Pile Driver arrow with an extra 20 grains of brass weights up front. Total arrow weight around 500 grains.

[​IMG]

11. Indiana Hunter

Indiana Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I killed my second doe of the year on Saturday night. The spot I was hunting is all crp grass. Its 100 acres and about 80 of it is crp. Anyways, I had a nice ten yard shot and I hit just a tad high. I doubled lunged her, but no exit. The entrace was high and in this grass you need a good blood trail to find a deer. You literally can't see more than about 10 feet in front of you.

After the shot, which I knew was good, I was worried we would have a hard time finding her because of the crp. Once on the blood trail I was again amazed at what the killzone did. She ended up going about 150 yards, but we tracked good blood all the way to her. The hole was ridicuolus!

At first I was dissapointed I didn't get a pass through, she was a big mature doe though, 140lbs. Then once on the trail I was thanking the broadhead because of the easy tracking with just one high entrance hole. I'm still going to be using the killzone this year, but I am hoping to get a pass through on the next one.

Your dad should be ok with his set-up. How heavy is his arrow? Just don't be discouraged if you don't get a pass through. If you put it where it needs to go you will have great results.

12. MassBow413

MassBow413 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Love them, took my deer with them this year

13. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Shot my first deer with this head opening day and she dropped right where i shot her! so ill will continue to use them:tu:

14. jdailey0303

jdailey0303 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm fully encouraged about everything I just read. I have 2 of them in my quiver and 2 of the G5 T3's. I like both designs. I've yet to put anything into a deer, but I'm hoping to get a chance to try both of them out this year!!! I'm a huge fan of NAP (I love their apache stabilizer) and reading all this makes me even more excited to give them a try.

15. mitch310

mitch310 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome guys thank you so much!! I love hearing stories about blood trails that lead to them piled up. Im not sure what grain he's shooting but they are terminator selects by carbon express. I think they are 9.9 grains per inch, his bow hits nicely so I doubt he'll have trouble, he pretty much passed through his this year, arrow fell out about 15 yards from where he hit him. I think he will be my test rat for the killzones. I dont know though, I think they will have a hard time getting me away from the bloodrunners. NAP is where its at!!!

Merica

16. MrSimon

MrSimon Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I killed a medium sized doe with an NAP Killzone last Tuesday. 30 yard shot, clean pass through, blades looked as new afterwards. The deer didn't run 25 yards and crashed. I was highly highly impressed with this broad head. Its also very accurate.

Entry:
    photo.JPG

Exit:
    photo.JPG

17. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I read on another forum that the Killzones should not be used with crossbows. Is this true?

18. Slider46

Slider46 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I believe on the back of the package or instructions it says they shouldn't be used in crossbows at a certain speed (fps). Can't remember the speed at the moment but if you email NAP I'm sure they'll tell you.

19. Chiro_Archer

Chiro_Archer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The fps says not to exceed 350 fps on the packaging I believe, there is actually a video of a guy on youtube shooting them out of a crossbow, but i think it was set at 315fps so he was trying it out.

20. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am now a diehard killzone fan boy! My buddies and I are using them! We are 10 for 10!

By looking at this arrow can you guess how far the deer ran?

killzone.jpg

10 yards... Dead before it hit the ground.