True Timbers new Mathews Lost Camo gear review....

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Mystro, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Mystro

Mystro Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Any time FedEx brings a big box of new camo gear to my door is a good day. I have been on a waiting list for True Timbers new line of Mathews Lost Camo. I own way too many brands of camo gear but it gives me a good incite to what I like and look for. I am done with carbon gear and have exclusively been using anti microbial fabrics the last few years. They are way more comfortable than the stiff carbon fabric, they never need to be activated, and last forever.
    When I read earlier this year that True Timber (a South Carolina company) was coming out with a new line of anti microbial hunting gear in the Mathews Lost Camo, I got very excited.
    [​IMG]
    What I purchased from True Timber was a modular system that should work from early bow season to mid/late rifle season here in Pennsylvania. My order includes:
    TT408 Core Tec Absolute jacket in XL, TT409Core Tec Absolute vest in XL, TT411 Core Tec Permafrost in Large, TT405 L/S Core Tee in XL, and TT404 Core Tee SS.
    [​IMG]
    Let me start out saying this is very good looking gear. The Lost Camo pattern is sharp on the fabric and give a very good 3d image.
    The Core Tec line has many of the same features and the material is a two way stretch fabric with a fleece anti microbial inside liner. It is 100% windproof and is water resistant. It is designed to be loose fitting without being sloppy or bulky. I am 6'3" at 205lbs. Everything is generously sized for a guy my size. The length of the arms are long and do not pull up when raising your arms to the side or drawing a bow. (this is a have to have feature. Why cant all jackets be built this way?)
    [​IMG]
    The Absolute jacket and the Absolute Vest have all the same pockets and feature a antimicrobial fleece lining. The Jacket has full arm pit zippers for ventilation. This is a great feature for us tree stand hunters that dont want to sweat up during the walk to our stands. The Velcro cuffs are high quality. These are very high quality built gear with a lot of pockets. The jacket has 4 out side zip pockets and one inside zip pockets. The vest has the same pocket configuration. If you were to wear the vest as a cold weather liner under the jacket, you have a massive amount of pockets and If worn together, the pit vents in the jacket and zippered vest should give a almost limitless temperature control system.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The fleece lined stretch fabric is warm. I see myself in early bow season just wearing the vest over a long sleeve anti microbial shirt. Speaking of layering gear, I purchased 2 anti microbial Lost Camo wick-away T-shirts. One in short sleeve and one in long sleeve. Both shirts are cut for a comfortable loose fit under your gear.

[​IMG]

The Core Tec Permafrost pants are of the same material as the Vest and Jacket. They are heavier weight that another pants True Timber offers. I needed this weight for mid/late season bow season when I am sitting in a cold wind 20' off the ground. I find the pants generously cut and long enough to not pull up over my boots while sitting. The multi pocket theme is carried to the pants. There are 2 two dual pockets on each leg, two slash hip pockets and two zip pockets on the rear of the pants.
    There is plenty of crotch room and mobility is good for kneeling and ground stalking. There are 2 elastic inside straps that will move with your gut after too many meals. I wear a 34"-36" size waist and the True Timber size Large is a tiny bit big but perfect for a base layer. I typically like to wear suspenders anyway because I hate tight hunting pants.

True Timber knows how to build serious hunting cloths for hunters that knows what works in the woods. The generous pockets on all their gear and the cut of the cloths for maximum mobility. I will compare the fabric much like Under Armour. It's noisier than Gamehide, which is as quiet as it gets. The trade-off is it's more water repellent and Gamehide.

Specs:
    Absolute Jacket:
    100% Windproof
    Water resistant coated outer shell
    Antimicrobial fleece lining
    2 way stretch for mobility
    Archer’s T design for comfort at full draw
    Pit Zips
    2 slash hand warmer pockets
    2 vertical zip chest pockets
    Molded closures
    Windproof zippers

Absolute Vest:
    100% Windproof
    Water resistant coated outer shell
    2 way stretch for mobility
    2 slash hand warmer pockets
    2 vertical zip chest pockets
    Windproof zippers

Core Tec Permafrost Pants:
    Technical water resistant coated outer shell
    Windproof
    Gripper elastic waist
    Dual access pockets
    Waterproof zippers

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  2. Crossbow Jared

Crossbow Jared Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You have WAY to much money lol.

3. RoyC

RoyC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good looking gear you got there, sounds like you will be prepared no matter the weather, do we dare ask how much that little package set you back.

4. Mystro

Mystro Newb

Dislikes Received:
    About $200.00

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks a bunch of the great review! Just put in order in for the same stuff plus a few other goodies as well, so I'm glad to hear you like them. Hoping the UPS genie shows up with them tomorrow or Monday. :tu:

6. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great Review. Can you order these online or do you have to order it from a retailer?

7. CrabClawDude

CrabClawDude Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Cant wait to get me some of this!!!! =)

8. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    enquiring minds want to know.

9. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I believe you'll need to order it from a Mathews dealer. True Timber doesn't sell direct online that I'm aware of.

10. Mystro

Mystro Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I purchased mine directly from TT but it was for a preliminary evaluation. You might want to call them and talk to Nichole, she might sell to you because they are so new. Typically these are a Mathews dealer sale. Your prices may vary.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  11. Mad Mike

Mad Mike Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    $200 for all of that? Not bad!

12. Ccatt93

Ccatt93 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I went to true timbers website and do not see anything listed in last camo... Do they not carry lost camo any more?

13. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like some good stuff, thanks for the review! Usually I get all my lost camo from Gamehide...happy to see more and more options popping up lately

14. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    You can now buy all of this online here - Lost Camo

15. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    JZ, know any good discount codes? :P