Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Stubert is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use skunk scent. (not on me) I put a couple drops on a rock or branch next to my stand.
    Bowtech Constitution
    Rip-Cord Code Red
    HHA OL-5519 sight
    Octane 7" Stabilizer
    Gold tip Pro-Hunter 55/75's, 381 grains total weight
    100 gr. Slick Trick Vipertricks
    Trufire Hardcore Max release
    268 FPS

CaveRun_KY is offline Junior Member Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slider46 View Post
    I don't know what's really the "best" but I've always used Scent-A-Way cover scent / odor eliminator spray. I've used the acorn and fresh earth and both seem to work in my experience. The scent wafers are nice too.
    X2

I use the fresh earth spray and the scent wafers!
    Likes nomad636 liked this post

Billy-Kayla Pulsifer is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    baking soda, then scnt-away 99.9% if im hunting me cedar area even after scent away ill grab some cedar and rub it on my clothing works wonders.(depending on your land layout)
    http://www.adirondackbowhunters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/adirondackbowhunters
    2012 Hunting Setup
    PSE Stinger 3G 29/70#
    Apex Accustrike 4-Pin Camo
    Quickshot Whisker Biscuit
    NAP Shockwaves
    Q5 Ultra-Lite 5-Arrow Camo
    Octane S5 Ultra-Lite Stabilizer
    R.A.D. Trio String Peep
    Hi-Tek Camo Rope Sling
    Carbon Arrows 3" Offset Vanes

j.cannon26 is offline Member Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scent killer laundry soap and broken pine needles or cedars will work for you cover scent. A laboratory can't produce what is already made by mother nature. I have found the best cover scents are already growing around my treestand!!!

WildmanWilson is offline Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can not cover your scent. What you can do it work on keeping the odors to a minimum. You have foreign odors, bacterial odors, and human odors. The first two can be easier to work on but you will always give off human odor. It's falling from your body continually.

Animals like deer and dogs can pick out different scents on the molecular level and they can pick those out in parts per million. Just because one scent is strong doesn't mean it will over power another. If it did then a deer could not smell where you stepped walking across a field or woods. If we bend down and smell the ground were we stepped them all we smell is dirt, weeds, leaves, corn stalks, and so on. We can not smell the spot we stepped at all yet a deer can. Even though these scents are undetectable to us they can follow them at a fast pace. Thats because it can not be over powered with other scents.

tynimiller is online now Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with some of the others...best cover scent is to minimize your scent to as little as possible.
    The Deer Alarm...an interesting article on re-examining how deer "think" and react.

www.smallacrehunting.com
    Site based on spreading experiences and knowledge that any hunter can learn from....not too mention I try to have as many giveaways as I can afford!

Yes I lost to the Kansas boys...

captain71 is offline Senior Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use vanilla for cover scent it works for me.

Pistolarrows is offline Junior Member Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

Pistolarrows Custom Scent's (Best Cover Scent)

Hello Seubank,

The best cover scent is a cover scent from your hunting area, Pistolarrows Custom Scent's has done just this ! it is a all natural cover scent from your hunting area. Deer have some of the best known noises in the field. Humans have around 5 million scepters and can smell the difference in a orange or apple or can tell if you smoked a cigarette. Deeer have around 296 million scepters and can smell up to 9 different scents at a time. It would be like going to a buddys house that has two dogs and you can smell them, well its his environment so he cant tell the difference. So covering yourself with the animals environment does not alert them to a threating scent. check out pistolarrows.net and see for yourself. They have regional blends based on ecology maps from years of studies from your hunting area ! I personally have tried it and not only does it work awesome and is totally 100 % organic it smells great as well. I took some and put it in a candle that is meant for smell good stuff around the house and it burnt off the scent from my area. worked great, hope this gives you some insight on what works best and how a deer's noise works

roadrunner is offline Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most cover scents act as a masking scent. I think all we can really do is minimize the full effect of our own scent. I also think that an animal has a greater propensity to smell your breath more than anything else. Ever notice the steam in winter as you breath? The scent I use when putting clothes into storage is just one of those earth scent wafers and that cover up scent that smells like vanilla. I also use a spray scent as a wind indicator, not talcum powder. That way, cover or masking scent travels downwind of you.

JLS
    JLS is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that one needs to start by eliminating as much of their scent as they possibly can but then I apply Evercalm . Nothing better than sitting in the woods trying to find deer and then having deer trying to find you
    Take a kid hunting , it could be the most exciting adventure you've ever had !!

Yancey is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just use that Under Armor lava scent eliminator and that seems to work fine. Got a couple bottles at the end of the season a while back for cheap. Work good though.
    Yancey
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30 RT Xtra 30"/70#
    Hoyt Ulta Rest HDX RT Xtra
    6.5" Hoyt Carbon Edge Stabilizer RT Xtra
    Hoyt Shorty Quiver Rt Xtra
    TruGlo Rival Hunter 5pin RT Xtra
    Carbon Express Maxima Red 350
    Nockturnal & Lumenok Lighted Nocks PINK
    Grim Reaper Razor Cut SS 2" & Rage 3 Blade w/Kore 100gr
    TruFire Hardcore MAX Camo Forward Trigger Release

The Compound Mafia
    TEAM 11

Aubie923 is offline Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JLS View Post
    I agree that one needs to start by eliminating as much of their scent as they possibly can but then I apply Evercalm . Nothing better than sitting in the woods trying to find deer and then having deer trying to find you
    +1 on the Evercalm. I tried it last year. Most deer stop to investigate where you rubbed on the bushes or trees walking to your stand.
    Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,
    Genesis27:3

Matthews Z7 Extreme Lost Camo
    62 lb 30in draw
    Axcel Armortech HD
    QAD Ultra Rest
    Axion 3" GLZ
    Easton Injexion 400
    QAD Exodus 100 grain Full

BOWHUNTANDLIVE is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used the bleached bones of bridge trolls smashed into a fine powder. I mix the powder with the finest quality unicorn urines. And simply inject it into my heart. Or I'll just pray about it....

Oh C'mon that was funny...

I use Lowes whitetail scents "Buck Butter" Its a lot like ever calm but different application. Good news here is.....every post before mine was exactly right!! Whatever the answer is it works for them..and if my unicorn piss concoction worked it would be what I plugg. good luck and keep life fun!!
    Mathews Heli-m
    Gold tip expedition hunter
    Rage hypodermic
    Axiom stabilizer
    QAD ULTRA REST
    BLACK GOLD 5PIN
    SCOTT CALIPER (from high school)
    A whole lotta luck....

2014 TEAM 29 BOONER BOYS

"The British were chickens, but these new men . . .These American Marines .
    . . They fight like animals, like they're not even human."
    - Intercepted radio transmission from Taliban commander after losing
    Karamanda to 1st Battalion 2nd Marines, Afghanistan 2010

Legion_Edge is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried nose jammer and I didn't spook any deer away from me for sent reason. I had 4 does come directly downwind from me last year and I wasn't really focused there because of the wind and here them cross the river. So I'm pretty happy with it.
    Mission Ballistic 70lbs 29 1/2" draw
    Trophy Ridge React sight
    Rip Cord code red drop away
    Easton Da Torch
    Scott Wild Cat
    Muzzy Trocar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12