PSE vs Bear

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by IrishHunter, May 5, 2012.

1. IrishHunter

IrishHunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just want people's thoughts on these 2 companies and the products they make. Looking to get a new bow and both feel real good. Just looking for some info on if one product is better then the other. I know both companies make great product but is one better when it comes to bows. Please give me your thoughts. Thanks in advance

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3c4wp4

2. b0nec0llect0r

b0nec0llect0r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You'll get 100 different opinions on this. The best advice is to tell you just to shoot them both and see which one you like better. For me, it would be Bear, but everyone has different taste and things they look for in a bow. My question is why limit yourself to just the two though? There's a lot of other great bow companies out there like Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech/Diamond, Martin, Elite, G5, Athens, etc. I'd have a look at Mathews, Bowtech and Hoyt especially.

3. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shot a pse bowmadness last year and loved it!

4. montec

montec Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    At one point,I had 4 PSE bows and all were good.The last one I had was a lemon. I also owned 3 Mathews and all were tempermental wimps. Now I shoot an APA Mamba 7 and all I can say is WOW. None of them could hold a candle to this company.

5. IrishHunter

IrishHunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Im looking at those 2 because in looking to get either the Brute x or the Legion. They are in the price in looki g to spend and I have shot alot just looking at the 2 companies n seeing which I will choose. Both bows feel the same to me the only difference it the camo pattern. I love RealTree so that may be the deciding factor to go with the Bear haha.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?oep5jh

6. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shot those bows when I was looking. I would have to go with the Legion from those 2. That bow was actually my number 3 bow on my list out of around 15 bows I shot. Its a sweet bow.

7. ecorrigan

ecorrigan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot the Legion too and I love it, but then I'm a Bear Archery fan. I've shot a few PSE's and they're nice bows too, but I think there was something about the feel of the Bear that helped to decide for me!

8. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Bear bow, and I have killed a lot of stuff with it :rock: Works well for me.

9. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I personally haven't had any bad experiences with pse. All I ever owned. I love my EVO 7. this is my 3rd pse.

10. IrishHunter

IrishHunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys. I'm going with the Bear Legion the feel and the RTH package offers a little better accessories and it has the RealTree camo. Thanks again guys.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?1m1ndl

11. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If I were you, I would stay away from the RTH package. I would just buy the bow, then buy accessories for it. I bought a Viper sight, and Fuse stabilizer, and a Ripcord rest for mine. The sight that came on mine was plastic, and it cracked in half during the first year.

12. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^ Most all RTH packages aren't worth the extra money, usually have to replace after the first season. Buy the bow bare and add the accessories of your choice

13. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah like these guys say. Stay far away from the RTH setups and Ebay is your friend. Between my stabilizer, sight and rest I saved about 40% off what I would have paid at Cabelas or the pro shop by going on Ebay.

You don't need to spend tons of money because almost anything will be an upgrade over what comes on it. If it were me I would spend the most on a quality rest and release. These are things that at each end of the arrow and where the consistency is the most important. Sights just go find something you like the looks of and make sure its made out of metal. My girlfriend and I both have Trophy Ridge sights (Outlaw/Hitman) and they are built like tanks and didn't break the bank. I think her's was $40 and mine was $60, but theres lots of good stuff out there.

Also, you don't need a quiver until you go hunting so don't worry about that right off the bat. I know it makes the decision process that much more involved but you don't want to be in the stand accident hit your sight on the side of the tree and have it break off. That would just make for a sour experience. Good Luck.

14. Dustin Hasselbring

Dustin Hasselbring Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I bought my first bow last year which happened to be a pse bowmadness and i love it. i have shot a few older bears but i wouldnt trade my pse for anything