Heckler is online now Senior Member Die Hard Bowhunter
    Post Thanks / Like

Value Treestands

Setting aside the high-end Aluminum hang ons.... What is your go to treestand to hang and leave all season???

GABowhunter is offline Moderator Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a couple Gorilla hang-ons that I leave out all season on my lease.
    -Phillip
    phillip@bowhunting.com

Official 2010 & 2012 GTG Attendee
    2012 GTG Long Haul Award
    Back-to-Back BHC Fantasy Football League Champ (2011, 2012)
    GO VOLS!!

PCO50 is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the Big Game Treestands. I don't like to leave them up all year around because of squirrels eating the seat cushions and what not, but i have left them up every once in a while.
    Hoyt Rampage XT
    Apache stabilizer
    Trophy Ridge React sight
    Rage Broadhead
    Schaffer rest

Ky Bob is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have four Hunters View 24"X30" that I leave up year round. It's amazing how much a tree can grow in diameter. If you leave a chain on stand for two years chances are you will have to use bolt cutters to get it off. I always screw in a tree step on the backside of the stand about a foot higher than were it connects to the stand and drape the chain over it before connecting to the stand. That way if you will have a foot or so of slack if you decide to move it. I also add a ratchet strap to the top and bottom to stabilize the stand.
    (4) Stealth G42
    (1) Bushnell 576

Non-Pro Staffer

~America~ Born July 4th,1776- Died, Election Day 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been using Muddy Outdoor's Outfitter Steel stands. At around $140 they may be a little more pricey however they are a mirror image of their aluminum offerings. Straight trees are few and far between here in NE Kansas. The platform and seat leveler in combination with the roomy platform sealed the deal for me. The seat is not all that bad either....

They are rock solid and deadly quiet. No flex, creek, or popping!

I was just curious if there was other options that may be a little lighter on the wallet. Please let me know if anyone has an inside to where I could purchase multiple units at a discounted price. I would be willing to do a local pickup if it works out as I am traveling this summer. Seems that freight keeps going up with fuel prices...

iHunt is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use the $60ish Big Game and Rivers Edge hang on stands, and I leave them up all year. Actually, they have been out for 3 years now. No problems with popping or creaking either.
    Cole

Monster Raxx Pro staff

2013 200 Point Club (227 6/8)
    2012 200 Point Club (216 3/8)
    2011 200 Point Club (201 3/8)
    2010 200 Point Club (200 0/8)
    2011 Deer Contest Champions
    2011 Turkey Contest Champions
    2011 G2G Attendee
    2013 G2G Attendee

jeffacarp is offline Senior Member Die Hard Bowhunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^muddy outfitter steel! Awesome stand at the mid level price range for all of the reasons you mentioned above! I've got 2 and would like about 6 more! However, the budget doesn't allow all of my wants, so my alternate stands are big game boss XL's. You can find them at cabelas on sale for 79$ if you wait for a sale. They are stupid heavy, but very solid and quiet in the tree. I have 3 of these and will buy more when they are on sale again.
    Mathews Z7 Extreme
    Easton FMJ's
    NAP Killzones

..."shoot straight and may your blood trails be short and wide."

Genesis 21:20

www.buriednockbowhunting.com
    "living the buried nock life"

PCO50 is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also would have to say Rivers edge tree stands are very durable and comfortable.
    Hoyt Rampage XT
    Apache stabilizer
    Trophy Ridge React sight
    Rage Broadhead
    Schaffer rest

haws is offline Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use the academy game winner to leave up all season or to put on the edge of my property (in case of theft) id rather it get stolen than my millennium. I also like that you can unbutton the seat and take it with you at the end of the season. holds up great and extremely comfortable. Here it is if you wanna look at it. http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...-1?N=602989786

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by haws View Post
    I use the academy game winner to leave up all season or to put on the edge of my property (in case of theft) id rather it get stolen than my millennium. I also like that you can unbutton the seat and take it with you at the end of the season. holds up great and extremely comfortable. Here it is if you wanna look at it. http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...-1?N=602989786
    Boooo, Not available online. If I lived close to one of their stores I would get there as fast as I can.

Now: $7.88 For a treestand? That has to be a mistake. Maybe they will honor it! I would buy all of them. Even if they had 100!

Meathunter is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iHunt View Post
    I use the $60ish Big Game and Rivers Edge hang on stands, and I leave them up all year. Actually, they have been out for 3 years now. No problems with popping or creaking either.
    I use these also, every year they go on sale for about 2 weeks for $49.99 they are great stands for the price
    "You must do the things today that others will not do, so that you can have the things tomorrow that others will not have."

rizzo999 is offline Senior Member Die Hard Bowhunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iHunt View Post
    These two brands also make up the majority of my stands. About half of them I have purchased while the other half I removed from my buddy's land per his request. I am supposed to be only person who has access to this small 10 acre swampy/marsh ground yet every year 1-2 stands get placed in there by tresspassers.

I have one LW, but can't stand sitting more than a couple of hours in that stand. Other than my climber it is great for mobility, though.
    Been a cheesehead, but am now a FIB...

Sticknstringarchery is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use Comfort Zones from D*ck's. 2 for $70 at the beginning of the season. I have two now and will buy two more when they go on sale again. I have sat as long as 7 hours in these things. My favorite so far. Tried the Ameristep and can barely make it 4 hours in one. Look the same but, there is a huge difference in the cushions.
    A hunter is not a man who kills animals but, a man who holds immense knowledge, loves, respects and takes great steps in the preservation of the creatures he harvests. He is loyal, grateful, responsible and ethical in every aspect of his chase. He is who I strive every day to be.

TEAM KILL!!!!!!

jfergus7 is offline Field Staff Legendary Woodsman
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
    Boooo, Not available online. If I lived close to one of their stores I would get there as fast as I can.

Now: $7.88 For a treestand? That has to be a mistake. Maybe they will honor it! I would buy all of them. Even if they had 100!
    That is awesome and I am sure that it is a mistake but I have one near my house. I am gonna go in this week and get a few and if I will go off if they won't honor that price!
    Mathews Helim
    Carbon Express Blue Streak Selects
    NAP Killzones & Quickfletches
    NAP Apache Carbon
    Pine Ridge Nitro Stabilizer
    Lakewood Products Bowfile

Click Here: My 2014 Bowhunting.com GTG Promo Video