Value Treestands

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Heckler, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Setting aside the high-end Aluminum hang ons.... What is your go to treestand to hang and leave all season???

2. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I have a couple Gorilla hang-ons that I leave out all season on my lease.

3. PCO50

PCO50 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love the Big Game Treestands. I don't like to leave them up all year around because of squirrels eating the seat cushions and what not, but i have left them up every once in a while.

4. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have four Hunters View 24"X30" that I leave up year round. It's amazing how much a tree can grow in diameter. If you leave a chain on stand for two years chances are you will have to use bolt cutters to get it off. I always screw in a tree step on the backside of the stand about a foot higher than were it connects to the stand and drape the chain over it before connecting to the stand. That way if you will have a foot or so of slack if you decide to move it. I also add a ratchet strap to the top and bottom to stabilize the stand.

5. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using Muddy Outdoor's Outfitter Steel stands. At around $140 they may be a little more pricey however they are a mirror image of their aluminum offerings. Straight trees are few and far between here in NE Kansas. The platform and seat leveler in combination with the roomy platform sealed the deal for me. The seat is not all that bad either....

They are rock solid and deadly quiet. No flex, creek, or popping!

I was just curious if there was other options that may be a little lighter on the wallet. Please let me know if anyone has an inside to where I could purchase multiple units at a discounted price. I would be willing to do a local pickup if it works out as I am traveling this summer. Seems that freight keeps going up with fuel prices...

6. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use the $60ish Big Game and Rivers Edge hang on stands, and I leave them up all year. Actually, they have been out for 3 years now. No problems with popping or creaking either.

7. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^muddy outfitter steel! Awesome stand at the mid level price range for all of the reasons you mentioned above! I've got 2 and would like about 6 more! However, the budget doesn't allow all of my wants, so my alternate stands are big game boss XL's. You can find them at cabelas on sale for 79$ if you wait for a sale. They are stupid heavy, but very solid and quiet in the tree. I have 3 of these and will buy more when they are on sale again.

8. PCO50

PCO50 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I also would have to say Rivers edge tree stands are very durable and comfortable.

9. haws

haws Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  10. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Boooo, Not available online. If I lived close to one of their stores I would get there as fast as I can.

Now: $7.88 For a treestand? That has to be a mistake. :) Maybe they will honor it! I would buy all of them. Even if they had 100!

11. Meathunter

Meathunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use these also, every year they go on sale for about 2 weeks for $49.99 they are great stands for the price

12. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    These two brands also make up the majority of my stands. About half of them I have purchased while the other half I removed from my buddy's land per his request. I am supposed to be only person who has access to this small 10 acre swampy/marsh ground yet every year 1-2 stands get placed in there by tresspassers.

I have one LW, but can't stand sitting more than a couple of hours in that stand. Other than my climber it is great for mobility, though.

13. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use Comfort Zones from D*ck's. 2 for $70 at the beginning of the season. I have two now and will buy two more when they go on sale again. I have sat as long as 7 hours in these things. My favorite so far. Tried the Ameristep and can barely make it 4 hours in one. Look the same but, there is a huge difference in the cushions.

14. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That is awesome and I am sure that it is a mistake but I have one near my house. I am gonna go in this week and get a few and if I will go off if they won't honor that price!