G-Street is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like

New Bow Review (for the budget archer)

Hi, all. I've been lurking around here for several months now and have finally decided to join in on the fun. Well, the title says it all. I was on a tight budget but wanted a BRAND NEW bow. I had looked at all kinds of used bows but just didn't feel comfortable with something that wasn't mine. So, I went on the search to find the one bow to rule them all. I shot a lot of bows in my search. I shot several Fred Bears, a few PSE's, a Matthews Z7 (just for fun), a Hoyt Prohawk, a Bowtech of some sort and a Bear Carnage. Several of those bows were out of price range (Matthews, carnage, etc..) but I just wanted to get a feel for what I liked and didn't. I finally went to a relatively new dealer in town whom deals G5 and Matthews. I tried a 2012 G5 Rogue by Quest and it was all over. I show the demo bow which didn't have the price on it and just assumed it was a 600-800 dollar bow. I was amazed to see 399.99 on the sticker of the other bows. Needless to say I was impressed. The draw is super smooth, the wall and valley feel great, it's fast, virtually vibration free and very inexpensive. I ordered mine with the "G-Fade" as they call it, and I think it looks awesome! I ended up getting completely new gear (arrows, rest, feathers, sights, D loop, peep, tune, the works) for under $600. So, if any of you are looking for a new bow, whether you're on a budget or not, I'd highly recommend you give Quest/G5 a look. I've been very pleased with my bow. It's a major upgrade from the 2001 Reflex I came from!
    2011 G5 Heat by Quest: Nap Apache drop away, G5 Optic Rocks 6 pin, Bemin ICS 400's and...... Feathers only!

Happy Hunting!

tynimiller is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats, if you're happy that is all that matters. Now to practice, practice, practice.
    The Deer Alarm...an interesting article on re-examining how deer "think" and react.

www.smallacrehunting.com
    Site based on spreading experiences and knowledge that any hunter can learn from....not too mention I try to have as many giveaways as I can afford!

Yes I lost to the Kansas boys...

KodiakIslandArchery is offline Senior Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    YES....Congrats on the bow, as long as you are comfortable, I don't shoot by brand, but by feel...everyone should...too much goes into shooting a certain brand...
    Bowtech Destroyer 350 / Bowtech Sentinal / Super Kodiak 55# / Kodiak Magnum 55#
    All strings by me (Kodiak Island Archery) Need strings in a hurry, no rotation, no stretch, no shoot in times ever...All Credit Cards Accepted, Paypal accepted
    907-378-1354
    Our product is Certified Made in Alaska
    Bow tuning...is our speciality
    Strings for Recurves and Crossbows also....
    NAP 2 Blade Bloodrunners, Grim Reapers, Crimson Talons, Victory Arrows

ILLUSION HUNTER is offline Senior Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the great deal
    2011 Bowtech Invasion 70lb
    Octane stabalizer
    Octane Quiver
    NAP Apache rest
    TruGlo Range rover sight
    Whisper peep 1/4"